DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Rollin On 4:56's
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new set of smoked recon roof lights that are waiting to go on(taking off the chrome ones). I had a few left over(condensation), and just thought i would do a quickie job of painting one just to see how it might look if i did that to all the new ones. "bear in mind that i'm weaning myself from the chrome on the truck infavor of colormatched". I quickly just looselayed them next to other ones just for a better idea. so let me know your opinions guys.

Thanks
Don

Attachments

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
I’m not big on cab lights but I do like the painted one.

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Red painted hands down

· I am Sean Connery...
8,819 Posts
Painted!

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just so everyone is on the same page as me, i'm looking to paint my smoked ones red(ofcourse leaving the front of the l.e.d. unpainted), not the chrome ones. The chrome is getting tossed, just painted the body of a chrome to get an idea. Thanks bros, keep the comments coming. Get me excited to do this!!!

· Master Baiter
582 Posts
Personally, I would paint the smoked ones.....the back part red and the front lens smoked. :rck:

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spinfreak said:
Personally, I would paint the smoked ones.....the back part red and the front lens smoked. :rck:
Thats my intention. Paint the base&back of the smoked ones red, and leave the front(L.E.D.) smoked part untouched. Sound like it may look good?

· Registered
2,707 Posts
yep it will look great

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so now i'm kinda convinced. I just did a quickie on the chrome jobbies and scuffed them up a bit, threw on some adhesion promoter, etch primer, and a coat of 1 stage colormatch. The adhesion promter didn't seem to do so great and when came time for the primer, it almost seemed like it wasn't coating(around the base where the chrome is) because the scuffing seemed to be showing thru because I can almost see the scuffed chrome. So now i'm thinking, should I sand them down alot(almost or all) to plastic or just scuff the crap outta them?

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool idea, thanks bud.

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
The green look awesome,.. ya CHOOSE the green ones!!!

1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mudchucker said:
The green look awesome,.. ya CHOOSE the green ones!!!
:banghead: Damn, i'm always overlooking something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.