DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I was wondering if anyone has installed a pioneer avic d2 into their 2006 dodge ram, or another type of naviagtion that is double din and similar? Looking for any help you might be able to give me, i'm doing this myself and don't want to mess it up. I've done a couple installs nothing on the ram though. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Im sure it will be great man. I have only seen double din custom installs on the 02-05 Rams before. I don't believe I have seen a pic of one in an 06.

KB

·
Registered
503 Posts
that post is closed. I know the bezel needed to be trimmed, but I wonder if there was any modification needed to get it mounted behind the bezel.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
But I am wanting to insall a double din AVIC Z1 into a '03 model. Guess that kit would be a good start. Wonder if someone with an '06 could take a pic of the radio mount behind the bezel. I do not think that Dodge would have changed it much, well hopefully the only change the face.... :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Airborne63 said:
But I am wanting to insall a double din AVIC Z1 into a '03 model. Guess that kit would be a good start. Wonder if someone with an '06 could take a pic of the radio mount behind the bezel. I do not think that Dodge would have changed it much, well hopefully the only change the face.... :confused:

Sorry, I was looking at the original post which was inquiring about an 06.

Sorry, can't help you on the 03 as I have no experience with them...wouldn't want to mis-guide you.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
552 Posts
Airborne63 said:
that post is closed.
But can you still see the pics?

·
Registered
503 Posts
SWINGRRRR said:
But can you still see the pics?
I can see them, but it does not show what, if any mods were done behind the bezel. So it just shows that it can be done.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
552 Posts
I have researched this alot. There seems to be no write-ups on the subject. I just won a D1 off Ebay. I am going to try and take some pics and do a walk-through of my install.

·
Registered
503 Posts
ONly info I ahve been able to find was that the faceplate in the bezel needs to be trimmed about 1/4 of an inch. But really need to know what is involved behind the scene. Will be looking for your write up. :)

·
Habitual Line Stepper
552 Posts
Well I made a template and held it up to my stock CD player. Seems the Stock CD player is also too wide. I going to use plastic from a kitchen cutting board and fill in the hole. Then Ill have a blank canvas to start with.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have pics in 10 minutes! By the way, it's a pretty easy install by yourself if you have ever done any electronic installations. Looks good to.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Great... waiting for the pics....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As Promised

Here you go. I forgot about this thread or I would have put pictures up a long time ago. If you all have any questions with the install let me know. If you need anything installed and live close to Kentucky let me know. Without farther adu :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/kyphoto06/NavigationSystem005.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/kyphoto06/NavigationSystem003.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/kyphoto06/NavigationSystem002.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/kyphoto06/NavigationSystem001.jpg

I also installed four new door speakers. I put some infinity kappa's in, there great! Have a good day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh! I forgot to add that the little piece surrounding the navigation itself was a little bent when I got it, so it will actually look better than that. My local shop only had one of em so i took it and ran. Ok bye now.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Did you by any chance take some pics with the bezel off? Need to compare the mounts behind the bezel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.