DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm new to the forum, joined to ask if anyone has had a similar experience (and hopefully found a successful fix):

My 430N (RHB) nav system in my 2012 Caravan is stuck on 'Acquiring Satellites' so that nav doesn't work, neither does the GPS clock. I've tried pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery, no luck there. Is something wrong with my satellite antenna? Is there something else I should check? Anyone else have this problem?

I'm out of warranty and heading on a trip, hoping to find a quick fix although maybe that's wishful thinking. It happened abruptly, no work was done to the vehicle and no changes made to anything, just normal use and one day when I started it up it just didn't work anymore.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Different system in my Ram and our Buick but I always just keep driving. In the Ram, if it doesn't clear-up, I run the DVD cleaner on the head unit. With the Buick, it's a hard drive unit and it clears-up once I'm in an open area. Sometimes I'll find an open parking lot and drive slow circles or figure eights. For your's, I'd stop by the dealer and see if there's an update for the system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Parked in an open lot for an hour with the GPS in Aquiring Satellite mode. It didn't fix anything! No work was done on the GrandCaravan (2012), why all of the sudden would the GPS just stop Aquiring satelites???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts