DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I Tell the stealership about a shake at 100 MPH. If I want to take this truck to the drag strip and run it I feel the shake is really unnerving and dangerous!!!!!! It starts at around 85 MPH and gets progressivly worse the faster I go!!!!!! :help: Please HELP!!!!!!!!!! :help: Will the stealership flip that I am going that fast??

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I think you are referring to the "death wobble"....run a search for it.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
no deathwobble is different, it's your tire bouncing up and down after you hit a bump or your track bar (which 1500's don't have) being worn out/broke

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tHE TRUCK HAS 3000 MILES ON IT. I dont think the tires bounce. Wats a Deathwobble??????????????

·
5,089 Posts
you don't have to worry about it Hemidodge, it's a heavy duty problem only

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks but if I want to race it I need it fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is showing itself on the Powerwagon as well at high speed. I was considering going to the dearler as well about it ... just didnt know what to say.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've worked in the tire and wheel industry for years, and I can tell you 99% of the time a high speed "wobble" or vibration is from a bad tire. The dealer is going to have a fit over it, but the two quick checks are to 1. rotate the tires the see if the wooble moves. 2. swap tires and rims from another truck and see what happens. If the wooble moves or goes away, you've found the culprit.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
big mike you from elizabethtown ny?

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
You also got to think, the stock tires aren't rated for high speeds. Once they get hot enough and they're spinning fast enough, the tire starts changing shape. Almost like a dragster tire narrows out with the high rpms. Just not as drastic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hemi1569 It's Kentucky not NY

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Guys I think I will swap out tires and test it then. The drag strip opens this weekend and I might just go there andf do the testng after golf. If its not the tires I will let you know!!!! Thanks again!!!

·
5,089 Posts
should hit 100-104 in the quarter

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the vote of confidence!!!!!!! I Will hit 100 Hopfully sooner than later!!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Do this.

Tell them you inspect runways at airports where you are required to drive at that speed between airplane landings. State your problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now that is brilliant!!!!!!!! Will let you know how it go's. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.