DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll! I came across a pretty good deal on a set of 18x9 wheels. They only have +12mm backspacing available.

Will i have issues running this with 35" tread?
Also, any of y'all got any opinions for durability if i run these on my rig?! I'm sold on the design/color but i can't afford to not have durable results with it being a diesel.

Thanks for any/all input! They're running low on stock!

Attachments

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the front leveled. I plan on running 35's when i get down to Arkansas. I just don't want to pass this deal up but i'm not sure if they're..

1)Durable enought for wheelin' on a 2500 and ok for the weight of the tires/truck
and
2)If the offset is going to cause problems. I used to have a diagram explaining it but i can't find it and the search engine on here goes on for miles ;D

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's who. My wifey talked to "nick" and he said they're sold out of the (-12mm). However, for a bit more, they have +12mm in stock.

That's why i was asking on here for some advice.

Thanks for your interest, i appreciate it

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, if you click the "down" arrow and click the other 18x9, this is what it gives for details and apparently is in stock:

Offset: +12mm
Backspacing: 5.51"
Bolt Pattern: 8-165
Rec. Tire Size:265/65-18
Weight: 27.0lbs.

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
whats the weight they are rated to handel? I dont see it being enough if they are made for cars.

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are outfitted for an 8 lug. I can't find ANY info on these other that what's provided from TIRE RACK. That's the only thing that "scares" me.

I guess for the price i can't beat to try them :dunno:

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
I think the factory backspacing is 5.51" So you should be ok there. Now with a wider tire, it may be a different story. It would have to be a really good deal for me to have to go through the headache of figuring alot of variables out.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
my buddy has these on his 91 2500 diesel. they are wrapped in 35x12.5x18 mud grapplers and LOOK SICK!! he cut the front cap out to be able to access the locking hubs, also you will need special lugs with these i believe

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that's the responses i'm lookin' for! That's what i plan to wrap them in also (not sure if i mentioned already). Well i'm leaning toward TRAIL Grapplers or BFG's i think.

Clown, got any pics?!

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
just to remind you, your comparing a 91 to an 06

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I know this is a 1500 truck but i cant find a 2500 so it put the 8 lug wheels on the 1500. I cant change the tire size. just trying to help a little.

more of the wheels

Im still looking for some specs for ya hope this helps

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I found on a duramax forum that tire rack claimed the the wheel was rated at 3640 lbs. I also read were a lot of folks dont like the nascar emblem, and instead were getting the ballistic offroad jesters

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey thanks y'all!

I spotted the jesters a while back and instantly LOVED them. However, for the price, i can't beat these nascar wheels. I appreciate the pics and all the help y'all! I really do. I think i'm going to contact tire rack (or try to) tomorrow and see what i can find. May bite the bullet so all i have to do is flip the bill for tread when i get to Little Rock. :ylsuper:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
make sure to post pics

1 - 20 of 33 Posts