DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar to buy Rolex GT series?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  B-300 
#1 ·
I heard that Nascar is going to or already has bought the Rolex GT series. I hope they don't squash the series as it's one of the few that still turns right and left... Nascar did this to Cascar (Canadian) to squash competion.

#2 ·
God I hope not also....that would blow

#3 ·
Would they change the name to Rascar :D

#5 ·
Nascar did this to Cascar (Canadian) to squash competion.
False information. Tony sold CASCAR to NASCAR to broaden the viewing audience and try to get some American guys up here to race. CASCAR was dying and since NASCAR bought it is starting to pick back up. I was an owner in the CASCAR series and stayed around for the first year when NASCAR bought it and started the turn around.

Attachments

#6 ·
Well CASCAR must still be rated low as I used to see it. Then It went away... But so did Speedvisions coverage of WRCA, Jet sprinting, Australian V-8 super cars etc. when they where bought by FOX and renamed Speed channel.

#7 ·
CASCAR is now called the Canadian Tire Series and is still on Speed

#8 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Canadian_Tire_Series

The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series is a NASCAR racing series in Canada. It is the successor to the former CASCAR Super Series. All 13 events of the 2008 season will be broadcast tape delayed on TSN.[1]

[edit] NASCAR's purchase of CASCAR
NASCAR began talking with the former CASCAR series in November 2004, when the two bodies signed a multi-year marketing and operational agreement. Giving the series a Major Uplift. The purchase came in September 2006. The series replaced CASCAR's Super Series. The series title sponsor is Canadian Tire.[2]

The Canadian Tire Series champion is given an opportunity to participate in the Toyota All-Star Showdown in Irwindale Speedway in California.

[edit] The cars
The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series uses steel tube-framed silhouette cars powered by carbureted V8 engines. The cars have a relatively high minimum weight, so development of lightweight components is minimal. A number of components are specified by the rules, as parity is given priority over vehicle development. Manufacturer involvement is therefore limited largely to supply arrangements for long-developed 'crate' motors, and branding on the largely standard bodywork.

2008 Schedule
Date Event Track Location Pole Winner Race Winner
May 24, 2008 The Crown Jewel 200 Cayuga International Speedway Hamilton, ON Don Thomson Jr. Scott Steckly
June 15, 2008 Dickies 200 Mosport International Raceway Bowmanville, ON Scott Steckly J.R. Fitzpatrick
June 28, 2008 A&W 300 Barrie Speedway Barrie, ON Don Thomson, Jr. Scott Steckly
July 5, 2008 National Kodak 250 Autodrome St-Eustache St-Eustache, QC Don Thomson, Jr. Scott Steckly
July 19, 2008 A&W 300 SunValley Speedway Vernon, BC Don Thomson, Jr. Don Thomson, Jr.
July 25, 2008 Rexall Edmonton Indy Rexall Edmonton Indy Edmonton, AB Andrew Ranger Alex Tagliani
August 2, 2008 NAPA 100 Circuit Gilles Villeneuve Montreal, QC Kerry Micks Andrew Ranger
August 9, 2008 Full Throttle Energy Drink 200 Mosport International Raceway Bowmanville, ON Scott Steckly* Kerry Micks
August 17, 2008 GP3R 100 Circuit Trois-Rivières Trois-Rivières, QC JR Fitzpatrick Andrew Ranger
August 30, 2008 Coke Zero 200 Cayuga International Speedway Hamilton, ON Don Thomson, Jr. Mark Dilley
September 6, 2008 Pizza Pizza 300 Barrie Speedway Barrie, ON
September 20, 2008 Atlantic Dodge Dealers 300 Riverside Speedway Antigonish, NS
September 27, 2008 Dodge Ram 250 Kawartha Speedway Fraserville, ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.