DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
crufootball
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How dificult is it to narrow the rear end? Has anyone narrowed the rear end on their 3G Dodge's? If so how much did it cost? And lastly were would I go to get this done? Their are few obstacles stopping me from bagging my truck but the wide axle is the biggest. Any info?

·
Registered
725 Posts
more then a few obsticles im sure LOl.... good luck with the narrowing the rear end what size wheels you plan on running? Hopefully 24s if you going to all the work to narrow

Good luck however let me know what it costs to narronw

·
crufootball
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other obstacles I know a way around them and how to get them done. Narrowing the rear end is in a whole nother league. But luckily, I made a wrong turn in town today and ran strait into a precision machine shop. Called the place and lucky for me they can narrow my rear end. The guy who owns the shop had a bagged chevy stepside that he had to narrow the rear end on. It is a farely large shop, and I heard good things from my local body shop about their work. I meet the guy tomorrow to get an estimate. I plan on running 22's in front and 24's in the back. I wish I could go 24's all the way around but that is entirely to much slicing and dicing on the front end.
Any I deas on how much I should narrow it?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I hear you on the cutting up the front,, whole reason im staying with 22's im goign to have to do alot of cutting still because i plan on body dropping it this winter so im stickin to 22's

As far as narrowing the rear end that depends on the offset. what is the wheel your going with backspacing or offset?

·
crufootball
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not real certain yet, I keep looking for a rim just to jump at me and it's not happened yet. I know I like the look of a deep offset wheel with a wide lip. That still doesn't give you a offset or backspacing but anyways that's my thought. Rims are a huge investment. I would hate to rush in on something and hate them. So i'm trying to take my time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
friend of mine just had his tubbed with a dana and four link. Theres quite abit involved. I'll try and take some pics when I get a chance. I think he dropped about 10g's with all the work he had done, but he has some serious meats and deep dish wheels. Definately a great mod.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Understand all that i would imagin if you get a 24 with a big offset you will to narrow it somewhere in the neiborhood of 3-4 inches per side but it all depends on the offset of the wheel you choose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.