DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RamATC
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately i've noticed a funny squeeky sound (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - funniest movie ever) when my truck is at idle....it's coming from the front, just behind the grille...haven't had a chance to pop the hood...plus i wouldn't know what it was if it hit me across the face :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
its probley the coil barring mine dose it and i just put 3-1 oil in there and it stop's .just my $00.02

·
Registered
98 Posts
I heard the same sound earlier this evening at idle, maybe because I was listening for it after reading your post... :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
flameon4x4 said:
its probley the coil barring mine dose it and i just put 3-1 oil in there and it stop's .just my $00.02
Coil bearing? I must be WAY behind the times!!!!

Being 'in the business' I would suggest inspecting the belt. Have someone turn on the A/C while you listen under the hood. If it changes a lot replace the belt, tensioner and idler pulley.
Of course this is not the low-buck approach.

In that case I would take a longish (3 foot) piece of vacuum / fuel hose and put one end to your ear. Move the other end CAREFULLY around the moving 'bits' on the front of the engine (including any 'coil bearings') and locate the source of the noise. If it seems to come from all over I would suspect the belt / tensioner. (replace as a pair). Call around, prices vary by 50% or more between stores on lifetime warranty stuff!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rubber hood stops squeek till you pop them off and rub them down with silicon grease.
Mine did,,,don't no more....HOUTEX

·
Registered
3 Posts
pfatkat is on the right track. i would check the belt and tensioner. if you find it is the belt, dont put any of that stop squeak sh*t on it though, you will regret it. shell up the bucks for a new belt. my last ram, (and a couple of friends' also) had a problem with the a/c compressor clutch. if you hear it coming from there, try a few squirts of BRAKLEEN. available in any parts house, shoot the pulley and just behind it and go for a ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.