DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Teenage Road Hazard
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some sort of protection for my truck. i have a '02 2wd 1500. does these provide the same protection as a bull guard? or are they just for looks, etc? if anyone has one installed id love to hear how you think of it, or a picture of it. thanks!

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
No bull guard or brush guard is going to give you much protection unless the brackets that attach it are HEAVY duty. Because of that, they are few and far between. Ranchhand brushguard is the best I've seen for the price but still is in question. I wouldn't trust it to hit a deer or large farm animal and expect to come out alright. Something like a Roadarmor or Buckstop full bumper would be the way to go if you want protection. Most of them are at least using 3/16" to 1/4" metal.

·
Teenage Road Hazard
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. im not really expecting to hit anything big. just want some protection from like a fender-bender. like. if i rear-ended someone, is it going to crumple? or provide a little protection? anything to help protect the body, without the weight of a brush guard or road armor bumper

price is def an issue. i found the pre-runners for half of a brush guard..

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
you won't get much in the way of protection with another vehicle. they're brush guards, they protect from, well, brush. They will fold up like a coke can if you hit anything of size or weight. Most guards out on the market now are just made for looks. Expect to spend atleast 450 bucks to get something that will do any sort of protection.... but it wont be much.

·
Teenage Road Hazard
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. im thinking im still gunna go with the pre-runner, i just like the way it looks, price, and its a lot less heavy.

ill posrt pics when i get it

·
Registered
837 Posts
go with the nfab, you wont be disappointed!

there are more images in my gallery. Its mostly for looks and for lights, doesn't really offer much protection since its only bolted to the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.