DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Level a 2005 Ram - its a mystery - I have contacted many shops in my area and there seems to be a problem or lack of products to level a 2005 dodge 2wd - Not interested in going offroad just want to take the rake out of the stance. I know the 2005's can not have longer shocks installed on front - but there seems to be something in the design keeping manufacturers from coming out with minor lift options. Rough Country and CST have products. I would appreciate any help - frustrated.............would like to be able to take this truck to a shop and raise the front about 4". How do I do that????Thanks in advance

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
You might not want to do this but I bought Ground Force lowering shackles from Summit and also removed the overload springs. It lowered the rear and now its level. Truck actually handles better and the ride is much smoother. It looks good because it did away with all that extra room between the rear tire and the fender. I have about 4 inchs now give or take. If you go this route make sure you grease the bushings. Raiseing the front more than likely going to cost more ,but don't quote me on this. I paid $85 shipped for the shackles frome Summit Raceing. If you havn't got the wheel well covers on the back go ahead and get them it cleans it up nicely. You can get them on e-bay. Find the guy fla1 or do a search.

Welcome to DODGETALK!!!:D

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Crank your torsion bars and you will get about 2-3" of lift up front. Then you can add the offroad shocks from a 2nd Gen Ram up front and you will be okay. Might be worth looking into if you dont wanna do a lift. There are also cheap torsion keys that are aftermarket, they give you about 3-3.5" lift. You will need longer shocks though so you dont top out. Search the 4x4 forum, you will find your answers.

KB

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
yep no torsion bars on 2wd but try daystar leveling pads under the springs i had a friend do that and it looked fairly level and fo 39.95 its pretty close and cheap

·
Registered
23,005 Posts

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
I used leaf spring clamps (will install shackles later) to level my truck...

·
Fireball!!!
1,049 Posts
I am currently looking at doing the same thing... I was told NOT to use the spacers from a buddy who does lifts... I have heard there is a spindle with a 3" lift for around $300.. That is what i may look into... Someone has to have better suggestions around here..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.