DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these fuses coming from the fuse box under the hood. I tested them and they were bad, so I replaced with new. I started my truck up, turned on lights and let her run for a few because I had just put in new O2 sensors. After a few minutes I notice smoking coming from the driver side headlight. I shut everything down real quick and it looks like the bulb melted some of the plastic. The wires that the fuses are on lead to the interior of the truck. What are the fuses for and what could have caused the driver's side build to get super hot and melt the plastic housing?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Appears like a short occurred somewhere. Perhaps in the bulb itself? Those look like an aftermarket headlight set-up, is that correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appears like a short occurred somewhere. Perhaps in the bulb itself? Those look like an aftermarket headlight set-up, is that correct?
Come to find out, Somewhere down the line of owners before me had fog lights installed with a toggle switch by the pedals. They removed the fog lights and left the wiring. So when I replaced the bad fuses, the bare wires they left touching the body of the truck made everything go haywire. All that wiring is removed now and truck is back to not trying to burn everything down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts