DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll go ahead and start my build thread for the new truck. I don't have it yet, but some mods have already been ordered. ;) The truck was built yesterday and should be on a train headed my way soon.

Edit: Picked it up on 5/30/14. I originally ordered monotone paint with chrome bumpers but we made a wheel change after I ordered it and for some reason it got changed to two-tone. The dealer didn't catch it until it was too late and immediately ordered another truck with the correct paint scheme. I originally didn't want two tone and didn't think this dark gray would look good with black, but it does. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to go with this one. The second one is still a few weeks out but I have no regrets on the two tone paint.

Specs on the truck:
  • 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Hemi
  • Crew Cab 6'4" Bed
  • Granite Crystal with Lower Black Two Tone
  • UConnect 8.4AN
  • Backup Camera
  • Premium Bucket Seats
  • 20" Aluminum Wheels
  • Trailer Brake Controller
  • Heated Seats & Steering Wheel
First mod ordered was the Retro Shop projectors lights with custom Granite/Black paint and FXR projectors. I also ordered the black Express front and rear Ram badges to replace the chrome pieces.

I have several mods from the Power Wagon that will go on this one. This includes my RollBak Bed Cover, Bestop PowerBoards, Diablo Tuner, BT Catch Can, Alpine Sub and Amp, Alpine Door Speakers, Polk Dash Speakers, and Husky Floor Mats. I will need to address the exhaust and leveling soon as well. For the exhaust, I'll most likely go with a 24" Magnaflow. Not sure if I'll go with the Mufflex kit or do it myself with clamps. An electric cutout is also an option... For leveling, I have no idea yet. Bilsteins will be preferred but I also have to address the the UCAs now too....

Here's my rendering of what it will look like. Won't be doing much else cosmetically for awhile.

Pics from the dealer's lot:

·
Lost in the wilderness
67 Posts
Looking forward to the build!

BTW: Nice choice of current rides!

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a couple next to the Power Wagon. Since I managed to get them both side by side for the weekend, I went ahead and swapped over all of my speakers. The new truck got the Alpine Type S 6x9s in the doors and the Polk 3.5s in the dash and I dropped the stock speakers from the new truck back into the Power Wagon. Sounds great now! Even better than the "Alpine" stereo in the PW with those same speakers. I'm really glad I didn't spend the extra money on the "Upgraded" stereo, I think the base system is better. Also snapped a pic comparing the door panels on both trucks. I really like the new interior color combo. My stubby antenna was also swapped over after a fresh coat of plasti-dip. Didn't want to mess with shortening the stock one again.

I measured both trucks and a 4" lift and 35's would put the 1500 about the same height as the Power Wagon... ;)

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a teaser pic of the new headlights. These should be here Thursday. :D

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And some black Express badges. The rest of the badges will be removed...

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Here's a teaser pic of the new headlights. These should be here Thursday. :D

Thursday?!!? tomorrow buddy, and we expect pics! LOL :rck:

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:rck::rck:

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics of the dash at night. I really like the new blue lights!

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I'm curious to see where this truck goes.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Special delivery!

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Debadged and rebadged!

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the most important mod done last night, my custom Retro Shop lights! These are OEM projectors with Granite Crystal bezels, gloss black shrouds, lightly tinted turn signal and reflector, and FXR projectors with 50W HIDs. We used the new Canbus adapters with no harness and they are working great so far. Installation was a breeze without the relay harness to deal with. These lights really transform the look of the truck. I'll do a better photoshoot once I get the tires installed and the windows tinted.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
dude, I know I'm biased as hell........but that just DID the front end! great choice on the color combo!!

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think we could have picked a better paint scheme for this truck! I still need to aim them, they are pointing at the ground... :ugh

I really like the silver wheels too. It gives it just enough pop to not be blah looking but not blingy either.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
They all go out pointed down. ;)

Couple reasons:
- most people.....well, don't seem to aim lights. (dafuq?!??!) aimed low, they will aim them. LOL
- clearance when installing. Those FXRs are CLOSE to the shrouds, easier when they are tilted down.
- each truck is different. Hell.........I pulled my lights to swap from the harness to the canbus adapters. Didn't change the aim, but putting them in.......they are WAY off now. All depends on how they are seated in the fender (And you can REALLY see how much play they have, its freakin' crazy)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.