Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
well i got trucks hub and bearing fixed at dodge and i was driving home today and my whole wheel and brake assembly fell off my truck while i was driving!!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
bs with out pics!

since you got it fixed at a dealer im surprised it didn't spontaneously combust. time to get a good lawyer and get some $$$$

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was the OEM bearing that failed not the techs fault, i have pics on the phone ill try to get them on here

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
bs with out pics!
X2. Those hubs don't just fall off the truck without some warning. They're held on by 3 REALLY big bolts and unless all three were really really loose and backed almost all the way out before you even started driving (which, BTW, you would have known right away because your wheel would have been angled terribly and would have flopped around all over), then it couldn't have just fallen off. I doubt the bolts would have sheared off either.

Pics, or it didn't happen!

And if it did really happen, like SS/T above me said, GET A LAWYER NOW!

Edit: just saw your reply. So, DAMN! The bearing just came apart? Will they warrantee the work?

·
Registered
441 Posts
it was the OEM bearing that failed not the techs fault, i have pics on the phone ill try to get them on here
oh i just assumed when you mentioned a dealer that it was some how related to there work. sucks about the truck, how bad's the damage besides the obvious?

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its acually not to bad they are goin to replace the hub, bearing, passenger axel, full brake assembly and the driver bearing for good measure. nothing bounced thank god, so the body is ok

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
I assumed the same thing SS/T did. Glad to hear there's no body damage and more importantly, that no one was hurt!

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here u go, the one with the cop car shows how far it ground on the pavment(the white line)

Attachments

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Your title caught my attention in on the main forums page...dude, I would have a lot of words for that dealership!

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh they got a few choice words from me

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
then i realized that it wasnt their fault and they helped me pretty good so...

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
Dang. Those pics are amazing. Makes me worry about mine a little!

Glad the dealership is helping you out.

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah they got me a little turd ranger to put around to school and work in so atleast im not walking

·
Registered
49 Posts
If a bearing was that bad you would think a good tech would find it, before it got to that point. Especially if he was working on the hub and bearings.

·
Every Time
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
idk what to think at this point lol

·
Woodstock
762 Posts
Man, that is crazy! I always thought that the nut and washer on the end of the axle would hold the bearing together enough that that would not happen. Glad nobody got hurt.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
damn thats scary

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
my question is what happened to the axle nut and washer they hold that entire assy together and from the pics the axle is in place did the threads stripp out on the axle or did someone forget to replace the washer when they worked on it

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
my question is what happened to the axle nut and washer they hold that entire assy together and from the pics the axle is in place did the threads stripp out on the axle or did someone forget to replace the washer when they worked on it
x2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.