DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post some pics of my truck on here. Had it now a month and have learned several new things from this site. So a Thanks goes out to everyone.
Yes I do use it for play and to haul my other toy. Plus I have found out that the BFGs don't like this East TN mud, they just spin in it.

Tatakai
:D

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
:tup: Nice truck! Looks a lot like mine! :D

What size are those tires? Is the truck lifted? (sure looks like it is)

You have the exact stance that I want for my truck. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
FreeLantz said:
:tup: Nice truck! Looks a lot like mine! :D

What size are those tires? Is the truck lifted? (sure looks like it is)

You have the exact stance that I want for my truck. :)
Exactly what i wanted to know. I think it looks stock lift wise but the tires fill nicely. I have the exact truck you have and am looking to lift it maybe 3" with a block in the rear and keys up front with a little turning of the TB's.

Wanna run 315's as well and after looking at your truck, looks like thats the way to go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only thing that I have done to the suspension was 7 turns on the TBs. Tires are 315s so that translates I guess to 35". Correct me if I am wrong somebody. I want to go to a 6" lift but do have some reservations about doing it. I think that it would destroy the look.

Tatakai

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
nonsense, would only enhance the look, and next time get BFG MT's or another mud tire

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
get some baja claws.. god those things look badass.. my next set of tires will definately be baja claws.. except.. that is a long way down the road and i wont have to worry about that for awhile.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
yeah Baja Claws look badass, but you better hope you never have to back up in less than perfect tractional situations :p

I've heard from a very reliable source they're as bad as highway tires in reverse

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Truck looks great!!! Even better dirty!! I got my T-bars at 4 now, think I gotta go to 7 also!! - did you change your shocks???

Taking it from what you said, you don't like the BFG AT's??? I am up in the air on them, but you say they are just spinning for you. I keep going back and forth on my next set of tires from AT's to MTR's. You just added some weight to the MTR side of the scale!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shocks are on backorder so I am patiently waiting. My front fenders at center are 40 1/2" the rear is 41 and 5/8". Make sure you measure before you start on the TB cranks so that you will have a level front end. I have heard some say that one side had to be tweaked alittle to make it even.

Tatakai

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Tatakai said:
Shocks are on backorder so I am patiently waiting. My front fenders at center are 40 1/2" the rear is 41 and 5/8". Make sure you measure before you start on the TB cranks so that you will have a level front end. I have heard some say that one side had to be tweaked alittle to make it even.

Tatakai
thanks

those numbers are with the 315's right???

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Chauncy said:
yeah Baja Claws look badass, but you better hope you never have to back up in less than perfect tractional situations :p

I've heard from a very reliable source they're as bad as highway tires in reverse
Not true... you just have to swap the tires around so the tread faces the other direction and hit reverse. lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tatakai....Truck looks great, as does the buggy. I've owned several street legal rails, back in the day of course, they were always a blast on and off the street, easy to work on, fun to drive.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Tatakai said:
Only thing that I have done to the suspension was 7 turns on the TBs. Tires are 315s so that translates I guess to 35". Correct me if I am wrong somebody. I want to go to a 6" lift but do have some reservations about doing it. I think that it would destroy the look.

Tatakai
hey, how is the power and gas mileage with the 4.7 litre and stock gears?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To answer some of the questions. Gas mileage is about 16 if I keep the foot undercontrol. As far as the rail goes that is my main hobby now and it keeps me busy. For the power to weight ratio it is a beast on and offroad. I never got to make it to Tellico. There is a certain offroad group that put a stop to rails being able to visit the park anymore. As soon as the backsurgery is healed I will be back to climbing hills and having fun in it again. On the street it will carry the front end as long as I have a straight shot and no cops around. Been pulled over in it twice for wheelies and showing off. LOL What can I say I am still young at heart.

Tatakai

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Nice truck, reg cabs :rck: !

·
drsoffroad
249 Posts
Awesome truck. You picked the right color. Way to go on the tbars. The ride will get much better when you get shocks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.