Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but not the good kind...

a chick ran a flashing red light ("I thought I saw a green light" she said) and tboned me on the passeneger side... spun me around....knocked off BOTH rear wheels (black 20" Nitza's that I just bought in March) broke the axle, drive shaft, tore up the body... yada yada yada... and the cops wrote it up as a no fault because there were no witnesses. do you need a witness to know that a honda civic had to be travelling 40 MPH or greater to do that much damage to a dodge ram? (one cop said he knew she ran the light by the damage - the insurance company will, too.)

and the worst part is, she was in a honda civic. i got taken out by a civic! A CIVIC!

i was going to get slammed by slammed1, but now it looks like i'll be getting slammed by the insurance company.
and my back is starting "sting" (hard to explain.)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Ouch...I feel for you! My only word of wisdom is DO NOT accept the insurance companies first offer!!!!
They always low ball, because a percentage of people will not fight it. I don't know the year you have or if it was paid off or not, but good luck in your fight. STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm going to work the insurance angle pretty hard. i have an attorney on standby, already.

2002 Reg Cab, V6. Not paid off, but not upside down.

trying to decide if i get another truck (gas is killing me) or buy a car. was planning on getting my wife a volvo in a month or so... who knows now...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ouch, I hate that for you. Good luck getting things done right!!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
ShadowRam said:
but not the good kind...

a chick ran a flashing red light ("I thought I saw a green light" she said) and tboned me on the passeneger side... spun me around....knocked off BOTH rear wheels (black 20" Nitza's that I just bought in March) broke the axle, drive shaft, tore up the body... yada yada yada... and the cops wrote it up as a no fault because there were no witnesses. do you need a witness to know that a honda civic had to be travelling 40 MPH or greater to do that much damage to a dodge ram? (one cop said he knew she ran the light by the damage - the insurance company will, too.)

and the worst part is, she was in a honda civic. i got taken out by a civic! A CIVIC!

i was going to get slammed by slammed1, but now it looks like i'll be getting slammed by the insurance company.
and my back is starting "sting" (hard to explain.)
Oh man, another case of moronic Houston drivers causing accidents..... I'm really sorry to hear about your truck. :(

Glad that you were not seriously injured though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.