DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't even driven my truck this week and it gets it worst damage since I've owned it. I can't even believe what happened, and actually it is still happening.

The bottom line is that a raccoon has declared war on my truck and is systematically destroying it. (As I write this I realize it could possibly top the "My truck burst into flames in a mall parking lot" story :crazy:). What follows is the long version:

So two days ago, I am backing out of the driveway to go to work in my wife's car (long story as to why I'm driving her car...) and I notice that something is out of place in the garage. I have a full size K bottle cylinder oxygen tank in my garage (don't ask, and yes it is empty). If you don't know what this is, its about 4 feet tall, all metal, and weighs a lot. I'd guess 60 pounds. I notice this tank is leaning up against my truck. WTF?? I am needing to get to work so I only quickly investigate. Go over to the truck and see it is resting against the passenger side rear tire and I think "Holy turd, I got lucky. This thing fell over and only hit the tire." Wrong. Then I notice the softball sized dent and severe paint damage on the side of the bed. I also notice other stuff in my garage all disturbed. I'm wondering did this just fall over? Did someone come in here and f with my stuff? I had no idea. That afternoon I notice large claw prints on my wife's hood and realize probably a raccoon got in the garage and jumped on the top of this K bottle, knocking into the truck because there is no way a raccoon is just knocking over something this heavy by brushing past it.

When I get home I see a tell tale claw print right next to the SBSDWHS (Softball Sized Dent With Hideous Scratches). So this sucks but what are you going to do, right? Whats done is done.

Then last night I start hearing what sounds like someone banging on my garage door several times. Then I hear wood splintering and just all kinds of racket. I go out there alone (dog was afraid to come with me) and find nothing. No sign of an animal or anything.

This morning I am in a rush to get to work again but notice that my trash can has been moved, my recycle bin has been tossed about 3 feet and more prints on my wife's car. I find that a pair of about 3 foot long hedge shears have been thrown off a shelf - hitting my truck on the way down to the ground!! Another freaking scratch. Nothing I can do at the moment cuz I have to run to work (in wife's car again).

Get home tonight, to find that the satanic **** has chucked a pennzoil box with six full quart bottles in it at my truck but has caused no damage. Also threw my cleaning bucket, sponges, tire shine, etc all over the place. Then I notice that he has stopped working on the back of the truck and has moved to the front. I have two metal rakes and one large broom hanging from dual hooks in the front of the garage by the truck. The broom and one rake have been chucked off their hooks, barely missing my truck and an all metal gardening rake is barely hanging by a thread about to fall on my hood!!

God only knows what I will find tomorrow, but as yet I have not seen any hide nor hair of this damn raccoon. Although I have a coworker bringing me a trap to work tomorrow.

Don't have pictures right now, but will get some soon...

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
I'm sure that's why he's hiding behind a mask.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
tell me where u live. ill come over......end result, raccoon soup!! and we can eat in on the tailgate of ur truck!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
PS. your wife will get a purse out of it and you can have a raccoon hat.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Oh man............... Hope you get a nice hat out of it

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I know I'd be at least getting a new dog......to go with a shiny new shotgun.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Damn dude what did your truck do to that racoon?? I hope you catch him before there isnt anything left.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I'm just going to say good luck getting that lil *******.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
All I know if I had something that did that much damage to my truck it would be getting the business end of a shotgun.

But my Dog would have taken him out long before that.

·
Registered
32,955 Posts
I can't wait to hear what the insurance company says. This has got to be a first.:crazy:

·
RamRoddin'
789 Posts
Id lock the scaredy cat dog in the garage with the truck tonight.. lol. Put him on guard duty!
Nah seriously... i duno man, park outside until ya plot a plan to exectute these mofoz?
Also if ya run out there again due to noise, watch yr back. Dont wana get that series of rabies shots. Im not sure if theys till give em in yr stomach but thats not fun man!
Gluk

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
nothing a 30 dollar live trap and a can of sardines wont cure.
Then think of your least liked person in town....... drop **** off in there yard.
Ive done it.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how he's getting in your garage. Do you have a dog door he's going through? Good luck with the little booger either way.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
:YO:

This racoon must not be a Mopar fan.....

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.