DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(re-post from the Brampton site. Sorry!)

The Fleet Manager I am working with actually was able to track my car for me today. (Only because I called and made him do it!) It has left Canada and is presently on a rail car in Michigan. ETA is the 14th here in So. California. Just 2 days after I arrive home from a fishing trip to Canada. Ironic huh!

But not a bad homecoming present, eh?
KK

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats KK !

I'm in school right now, so I can't write much more than "YA BABY!!!"

We gonna have a sweet grudge run on PCH when I get back from my SRT road trip in early September...

Better sober up !

jk ;-)

~FFLAK

PS: Keep it stock (no mods).

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
qzking said:

The Fleet Manager I am working with actually was able to track my car for me today. (Only because I called and made him do it!) It has left Canada and is presently on a rail car in Michigan. ETA is the 14th here in So. California. Just 2 days after I arrive home from a fishing trip to Canada. Ironic huh!

KK
Hey, that's great news! My SXT is on a train somewhere as well. Nice to know we both got em' built before the shutdown!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FFLAK, the75powerwagon, iRock, LouieLouie

Like a kid in a candy store.

Looking forward to that run on PCH in September.

Great news on the SXT beating the shut down.

Thanks all!

KK

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mine still looks better KK :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blackcomb said:
Mine still looks better KK :D
Yah! Butt!
KK

(That's an Abbot & Costello thing!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
May I come along for your July 14th pick-up ?

KK,

I know I'd be extra weight, but somehow I don't think your warhorse will notice me in the passenger seat much ;-)

SO hard to wait for my August pick-up...

~FFLAK

·
Registered
70 Posts
Soooooo jealous!!!!
Wife's company owns 11 dealerships in Sothern Cali. They're opening a Dodge/Chrysler dealer this fall and I'm going to be on the prowl for an SRT-8! Gonna wait out all the early buyers who paid over sticker then realize they can't swing the payment, so have to dump them back at the dealers with low miles.
Need to pay off the Strat 1st anyway!

I hope you guys plan on posting pics on those bad boys!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FFLAK said:
KK,

I know I'd be extra weight, but somehow I don't think your warhorse will notice me in the passenger seat much ;-)

SO hard to wait for my August pick-up...

~FFLAK
F,
You're welcome to ride shotgun any time. I don't really have that much to do most of the year and can always use a co-pilot. Hell, you're a local! Let's do it! I need to break it in a little on PCH before I run it over to Lake Havasu the week of the 17th of July. That gives us a week to put a few "cruisin" miles on it before the long, hot drive to AZ. Let's take a run down to Turcs in Dana Point for lunch one weekday.
KK

·
Registered
23 Posts
Early Buyers...

SoCal_RT said:
I'm going to be on the prowl for an SRT-8! Gonna wait out all the early buyers who paid over sticker then realize they can't swing the payment, so have to dump them back at the dealers with low miles.

Sorry SoCal,

You won't be gettin' ours. We've already got 'em paid for, and we plan on rackin' up the miles pronto !

;-)

~FFLAK

PS: Will Rogers has a quote for you:

·
Registered
70 Posts
FFLAK said:
Sorry SoCal,

You won't be gettin' ours. We've already got 'em paid for, and we plan on rackin' up the miles pronto !

;-)

~FFLAK

PS: Will Rogers has a quote for you:
I don't doubt it. But, just like everything else...impulsive buyers are everywhere. There will be a nice low mile market about 6 mo. after they hit the lots.
I stopped by my local Dodge store, where I used to work. The GSM told me they had pre-sold the first 12 they were getting in for $6k over MSRP. I'm sure one or two of those are HP freaks (like me) who can't swing the monthly.

PS: I don't need no stinking quote! :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
True Love

Just Kiddin' Witcha SoCal ;-)

Anyone from Temecula is ok by me.

Your waitin' & prowlin' will payoff.

Another quote for you:

"Love is Patient."

;-)

~FF

·
Registered
70 Posts
FFLAK said:

Your waitin' & prowlin' will payoff.

Another quote for you:

"Love is Patient."

;-)

~FF
Thanks. Most HB folks are ok too...pretentious, but ok. :p j/k
I've got some fun left in the Strat...no hurry on the SRT-8. Stage 2 is on the way soon. Don't imagine the SRT will be as much of a sleeper.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FFLAK said:
Just Kiddin' Witcha SoCal ;-)Anyone from Temecula is ok by me.~FF
FF,
I know what you mean! I spent a week in Temecula one night!
KK
LOL!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
qzking said:

KK
Congrats.... and let's see some pics when you get it!:rck:

Dealership personel can tell by getting on their online "portal" to DCX where all the cars they have ordered are in the build and ship process. It takes a whole 20 seconds to check. Seriously. ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FreeLantz said:
Congrats.... and let's see some pics when you get it!:rck:
QUOTE]

Free,
Count on it. I'll be adding a page to my web site with lots of pics and will post that link when it's ready to go. Of course I'll also post my blow-by-blow accounting of my "dealer experience" and my review of my "first time" drive home from the dealership on all of the forums.

I have a lot of free time so you'll get my entire initial experience and lots of updates.
KK

·
Registered
608 Posts
FFLAK said:

~FF
I used to do field service work about 10 years ago and spent about a month (off an on) in Temecula. I was told that this town has more bars and funeral homes per capata than any place in So. Cal. Hence the motto "Home of the newly wed and the nearly dead". However, I never believed it. Seems like a bunch of real good folks to me. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
w5blt said:
I used to do field service work about 10 years ago and spent about a month (off an on) in Temecula. I was told that this town has more bars and funeral homes per capata than any place in So. Cal. Hence the motto "Home of the newly wed and the nearly dead". However, I never believed it. Seems like a bunch of real good folks to me. :D
I think there's 3 bars. This town needs nightlife like plants need water. I prefer to refer to Temecula as the "4-kid havin' soccer mom/trophy wife, escalade driving, can't cook so the restaurants are packed nightly" town. Maybe there's 4 bars now....??? Either way, for 100k people, there's not much to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.