DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were a few who asked for me to do this, and show how it was done, here is phase one of the conversion, phase 2 will be much better, but these are wired so that my brake and parking lights are the exact same as an 07 truck, so right now what i have hooked up is a brake light, 2 of my 4 parking lights that the 06 and under have, and my blinkers, the reverse and extra parking lights are not hooked up, there are no resistors, and no trick wiring.

so here we go, hope you enjoy.

1. i decided to go with a 3157 bulb in the rear vs that crappy setup the 07-08 tails had in the rear, so i had to mod the housing a little and add a new bulb socket and wire it up, with what i had i just used someinsulated female plugs and sliped them over the prongs, with the right positioning, they fit snug.

2. i used the harness plug of a set of 02-05 LED tails that i just installed on my friends 07 ram that were not needed for his conversion.

3. for the brake/parking light bulb on top i just reused the factory bulb, socket and a cut pigtail off a wrecked ram, and then wired everything up in the correct order for them to function like i needed to get the desired setup.

also i taped everthing up and made sure to make the harness water/dirt proof in the needed areas, and for anyone doing this, notice the prongs on the light where they plug into the trucks fender, i removed the lower one and changed the top one out to a 02-06 one for easy installation

4. Installed :D

5. The light test - all passed :rck:

Brake:

Pk lights:

And Blinkers:

6. The BEST part of it, with no reverse lights and only one set of PK lights, with no resistors and no trick wiring, there is no "LAMP OUT" at all, in reverse or nothing, and trust me, my lamp out system works, ive had 3 bulbs burn out since ive had the truck.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, and sorry for the bad quality pix, they are all off my new cell and im trying to get it configured, but i think i like the 07 tails like this, i intended this mod with just doing to say ive done it, but i may finish it out like i want to and leave it and not put my LED tails back on

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
your just turning your 03 into an 08. Why buy new when you can upgrade!

;)

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Looks good :tup:

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Really cool project man, I think those blacked out '08 tails fit the theme of your truck perfectly. :tup:

·
Dodge Tech
1,603 Posts
nice job u willing to give up ur 03 lights. so i can have the nicer tails so i can put on the black hemisport tail light gards. kinda already have it figured out how to wire them to work and have all 3 bulbs work

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice job u willing to give up ur 03 lights. so i can have the nicer tails so i can put on the black hemisport tail light gards. kinda already have it figured out how to wire them to work and have all 3 bulbs work
are you wanting my LED tails i took off? the tail light guards would look funny on them, but im not selling those

·
Dodge Tech
1,603 Posts
want stockers not leds. if i wanted leds my buddys got a set sitting in his garage

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
want stockers not leds. if i wanted leds my buddys got a set sitting in his garage
what kind are they? and no my oem stockers were sent packing a long time ago. . .

·
Dodge Tech
1,603 Posts
i wanna say there the recons. i know he spent good money on them used them for a week got rear ended the one got a scratch and somehow he got new ones threw insurance and what not

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wanna say there the recons. i know he spent good money on them used them for a week got rear ended the one got a scratch and somehow he got new ones threw insurance and what not
wow he got lucky, id use them on your truck, and smoke em, that way you can have that nice bright LED look

·
Dodge Tech
1,603 Posts
i been thinking about it e said i cud have them anytime i want them..and why did u not wire in the reverse lights

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i been thinking about it e said i cud have them anytime i want them..and why did u not wire in the reverse lights
thats going to be phase 2, im working on something for that

·
Dodge Tech
1,603 Posts
hey u ever get anyware with the projectors u tore apart that one night. with retro into a stock housing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.