DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my nightmare of the past six weeks...
I have a 91 Dodge Dynasty w 150,000 miles on it. Great car.
It all started when the blower for the heat/AC/defroster stopped working.
I took it to our service guy (who has been in business for 20 years and we LOVE). I cant remember what he said was wrong with it, but it worked for a few days then all of a sudden stopped again. I took it back and he fixed it again, only this time when I got my car back the interior lights and radio didn't work, but the blower did! But only for a couple of days. I took it back again. This time he said it looks like the transfusible link in the engine works itself loose and if it stops working wiggle the fuse and if that fails replace it if it looks like its blown. Well, I've done that several times and once in a while it did work, but not all the time. I also told him that I noticed my air bag light was on all the time but when the blower works its not lit. So basically, when I turn my car on I know whether or not the blower works just by my air bag light! HE finally took it to a specialty garage dealing with electrical problems... They couldn't find anything.
Meanwhile I am replacing 50 amp fuses every other day (which gives me about 40 hours worth of blower) and at this point I have NO horn, cluster lights, trunk light or tail lights. I am also pretty much broke from all the mechanic visits that never even fixed the problem. I feel like crying. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as winter is coming and I REALLY need my defroster! :crazy: Thanks

Deanne

·
Registered
21 Posts
have them check the under-dash wiring for chaffing or bare spots. also have them check the wiring in the steering column. it's surprisingly easy to pinch and chaff a wire when working under the dash. if the mechanic goes over the wiring diagrams he should have a rough idea of what harness to look at based on what doesn't work. if all of your problems are in one harness or one general area then it shouldn't be hard to figure it out. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.