DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up at Lowe's for $21.00. Not a bad deal, and its all digital... On at 9 p.m. off at 6 a.m... Gonna have a warm and toasty CTD this winter...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice.............

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
That long is not needed unless the temps are below 0*F in which case you need all the warmth you can keep in the engine. Here if morning temps are 30 or above, I set mine for 3 hours, 20-30 I set for 4 hours and below 20 which is rare I set it for 5 hours. It's always toasty. Remember it takes alot of juice and you WILL notice the difference in the electric bill running it that long.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks man, thats what I've been looking for. Guess I'll be hittin up Lowes tommorow.

I agree that it a long time to have it running for, I mean it pretty much defeats the purpose of the timer. I'll probably set mine for 3-6 or something close unless it gets below freezing. Then I'll probably let it go bit longer.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
me1magoo said:
That long is not needed unless the temps are below 0*F in which case you need all the warmth you can keep in the engine. Here if morning temps are 30 or above, I set mine for 3 hours, 20-30 I set for 4 hours and below 20 which is rare I set it for 5 hours. It's always toasty. Remember it takes alot of juice and you WILL notice the difference in the electric bill running it that long.
In about a month or two it will be 10 degrees and below, the coldest I have ever started my CTD was -15 F. I more than likley will change the timer to about 4 to 5 hours. Probably tomorrow, since I don't pay the electric bill I will probably hear about it if I don't change the times on it....

·
Registered
576 Posts
bought it today, man digital shit rocks, haha. Much better then those stupid turn dial things.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got Diesel? said:
I have found that 3 hours isn't long enough. Mine comes on about 5 hours before I leave. Perfect amount of time.
I agree, I was setting it for 9 hrs, then everybody said that was a bit of over kill... Which I do agree it probably was, so now its set for 1 a.m. to 6 a.m, although I go out and start my truck at about 5:30 am.... The "Glow Strip" light doenst even come on. This morning it was about 29 degrees F, and no light after 4 hours... I love the almost instant warmth from the heater too, beats having to drive 10 miles before it even gets close to warming up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.