DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something I just finished up. I bought a kit from 4XInnovations and made my own brackets. This is a bolt on and I only had to drill one hole in the frame. I used 6x8 tubing for the brackets. I had it cut in 4 inch sections and then split it to make two "C" shaped brackets. These are used on the ends of each rail. For the center support I just made some "L" shaped brackets for the middle supports. The one hole you will have to drill is on the drivers side by the gas tank. I just used a jack to support the tank cause your going to have to take the straps off for access to the inside of the frame. I used a 1/2 inch carriage bolt on that one mount. I have less than $500 in this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Do you plan on lifting your truck? They look to be 6 inches of the ground.. guess that works for speed bumps :)

I don't know about 1 bolt holding it on. It's got to be strong...

any more pictures?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did a Daystar level. Click on my gallery and you can get an idea. I really wanted these for my wife to use to get in and out more than anything. If I was going to use my truck as you use yours I would add more bracing. Just passing on a way to do things without welding to the frame. I can get some pics of the brackets if someone needs them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics... You can't see it but the L shaped middle bracket does have a 3/4 inch bolt thru the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last one. I centered the inside tube under the pinch weld and the outside tube extends about 1 1/2 inched past the door.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a fourth gen but it seems most people hang on both forums so...

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Looks good! Do you plan on reinforcing the rails anytime in the future? They look a little weak for setting your truck on them.

How much room did you leave between the rail and pinch weld?

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Not bad!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is about a half an inch between the pinch weld and the tubing. I really only wanted a step. The only rocks we have down here are one's that come shipped on pallets os I wll probably never have the trucks weight on them. What I wanted was something functional and not give up too much clearance. From a distance you can't even see them which is what I was after also.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
nice job

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
There is about a half an inch between the pinch weld and the tubing. I really only wanted a step. The only rocks we have down here are one's that come shipped on pallets os I wll probably never have the trucks weight on them. What I wanted was something functional and not give up too much clearance. From a distance you can't even see them which is what I was after also.
Well rock on then! Those will definitely hold up really well over the years.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Looks really good man! Damn good job!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
#1....I used this kit. 80" 88-95 Extended Cab Pick Up HREW $175 RS03-H. Talk to Adam there. You will need longer braces between the frame and rails. He will work with you. Cool guy.

#2....My gallery has a frony and side view.

#3...I am midway between Baton Rouge and New Orleans right off I-10. Lutcher/Gramercy area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.