DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up on Monday. 1972 Dodge Power Wagon with 81,000 original miles. 360 V-8 with the 4spd manual transmission. Let the restoration begin. :rck:

Attachments

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
Nice

I had :( a 74 Power/Warlock wagon. They are FUN trucks to work on and modify. Does yours have the divorced T-case? Give the fuseable link wire/amp guage a look too.....Mine gave me BIG FITS untill I switched to a volt guage. Good luck with the resto......and HAVE FUN, it looks to be in fairly decent shape. You can see mine in my avatar, I miss it!

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea what a divorced T-Case is, so I can't say if this one has it or not, but I'll sure take a look into it. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I was glad to find a truck like this that was in pretty good shape mechanically with minor rust. Something tells me this is going to be a learning experience.

·
2,160 Posts
OH You have NO IDEA!!

A divorced T-case means that rather than having the transfer case directly mated up to the trannsmission you will have your tranny and t-case NOT bolted together but have a seperation (hence the DIVORCED) between the two of them and there is a small driveshaft (commonly called a jackshaft)between them linking them together. Many of the older 70's Fords also had this set-up.
You BET a learning experience will be had!! :rck: Get a good Haynes/Chiltons type manual and start researching on the net. Just jump in and we will throw you a line if you get in over your head!! You will be swimming before you know it. HAVE FUN. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
562 Posts
OMG I just creamed my shorts.....lol Very awesome truck!! Best of luck with 'er!

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the complements guys. I was afraid I over paid for it ($3000) but I just couldn’t let it go. The cool thing is the guy that had it before me kept everything. He kept the service and owners manual. I’m looking forward to getting it back to original shape.

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
04Ram2500Hemi said:
Thanks for the complements guys. I was afraid I over paid for it ($3000) but I just couldn’t let it go. The cool thing is the guy that had it before me kept everything. He kept the service and owners manual. I’m looking forward to getting it back to original shape.
3K?? Good deal.... Especially for a rig in that good of shape. What's the inside of the cab and the engine look like? Just as clean, I'll bet ;)
Except for the lift kit and rims, it looks about as original as you're gonna get :D

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The inside is beautiful. I forgot to get some pics of that, but I will later. The funny thing is it isn't what I would call "lifted." Before I bought it, the previous owner had the whole front end rebuilt, and new tuff country springs put in the back. I'm sure it's a little taller than stock, but that's ok with me since the front and rear are new. Plus he had the stearing arm replaced too.

·
2,160 Posts
How is the line-ex holding up on your rockers? I should be getting mine done next month! :rck: I'm going to pull the rear bumper off so he can shoot it all the way around the rear quarters. That's the worst area right behind the rear tires. I can't wait........

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
wow! What a sweet truck.... Doesnt look like it was ever driven! Get us some pictures of the inside and the engine... and your first fix should probably be bypassing the ammeter and installing a volt gauge. (Check out madelectrical.com about it).

Also looks like he's probably got a 203 transfer case (not divorced), with half ton axles... and a part time conversion kit in the front axle... Sweet!

Good luck, you'll have plenty of fun... and we'll be here to help you if you need any.

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
funinak said:
How is the line-ex holding up on your rockers? I should be getting mine done next month! :rck: I'm going to pull the rear bumper off so he can shoot it all the way around the rear quarters. That's the worst area right behind the rear tires. I can't wait........
The rocker's are holding up great. I posted some pictures this morning for John.Colorado on another thread. It is by far the best investment I've made for my 04. Take a look here: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1351207#post1351207

·
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks 75 Power Wagon. Your truck is what got me thinking older power wagon.

·
2,160 Posts
I KNOW it will be the best investment for me too. My 02 has 80K on it and NEVER had mud flaps, driven in Alaska, and has the rocker damage to show for it!! I really think the factory paint could have been better. On the inside rear section of the rear door rocker panel, right where it curves in, the paint is worn/chipped away down to bare metal!!! CRAZY, I have to do something with it or it will develop more severe problems down the line. $400 for the line-x I'm sure would be cheaper than repainting that area. I'll be sure to get pics when it's done.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
04Ram2500Hemi said:
Thanks 75 Power Wagon. Your truck is what got me thinking older power wagon.
Thanks! And we're here to help you further the truck. Also, your truck is in so much better condition than mine was when we started... well, minus having the 340 engine!

·
Registered
601 Posts
That is one of the nicest I've seen!!!
Great find.....& good luck with the resto..
If you need parts shoot me an e-mail & I'll see if I can help ya out!!!
I got about one of everything!!!!...L.O.L

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
04Ram2500Hemi said:
The inside is beautiful. I forgot to get some pics of that, but I will later. The funny thing is it isn't what I would call "lifted." Before I bought it, the previous owner had the whole front end rebuilt, and new tuff country springs put in the back. I'm sure it's a little taller than stock, but that's ok with me since the front and rear are new. Plus he had the stearing arm replaced too.
Heh heh heh.... Well it does have some lift to it... Looks like at least a couple-three inches... Be happy that he did all he did with the suspension, because that stuff ain't cheap! Imagine how good it would look with some bigger tires on it :D
Post some pics of the cab and under the hood when you got a chance!

(BTW, neighbor ;) I'm guessing you bought it from someone local... I noticed the plug for the engine heater in the front of the grille :D ... We all know about those things where we live, eh? ... Which reminds me, guard that grille with your life! From the pics, it looks flawless and if you should ever smack a deer, you'll be hard pressed to find another either:
A: In good shape
B: One that doesn't cost an arm & a leg....

(Trust me, I know all to well about this....)

ENJOY your rig m'man, it looks like you got one sweetheart of a deal!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.