DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just picked up an '03 s/c s/b 2wd hemi. Its got 39k miles, and its spotless. Its fun + pretty quick for a truck, but I wouldn't mind giving it a little more. I've been reading the forums, and haven't really found anything to match my truck. As far as the programmers, I guess the hyperpac is out of the question for the '03's. So I'm kinda lost on that aspect. My soon-to-come mods are as follows:

CAI(Either aFe or AEM)
Power Wire + AIR Ram
Lowering, 1.4" + 3.4"
TB Spacer(AirAid or Helix PTP(Mixed opinions, would like to know more))

Any advice is truely appreciated. I'm looking forward to having some fun at the local strip. Thanks, JD

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
First Welcome to DT! Where are the pics of the truck at :)

If you want a CAI and a TB spacer(which dont really do much, but they do make a cool noise) I suggest the "EBay CAI". I got one off EBay for ~$90 and its a perfect knock-off of the AEM one. Comes with a TB spacer too.

Most people say the PowerWire is a good mod.

Good luck with the new truck!

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
great choice on your purchase you wont be disappointed.I dont think you can post pics till post 15 or something

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Sure,I have some Boss 301's 23x10 with Hankook 305/40/23's.I am not sure about the offset on these.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Quit showing off Tony! LOL Bro, if you have an 03 Hemi you can still get a superchips programmer. One of the best bangs for your buck.

KB

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
KB112 said:
Quit showing off Tony! LOL Bro, if you have an 03 Hemi you can still get a superchips programmer. One of the best bangs for your buck.

KB
lol he posted for pics of my truck but after I posted he edited it out :(
lol so whats cookin kenny? anything new?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Welcome to the site and you made a great choice for a new truck. Your first mod needs to be a superchips tuner. It will be your best bang for buck mod because it not only gives a boost of power, but it also firms up your shifts as well. Then the AEM intake is a very nice kit. And it comes with the throttle body spacer as well. The spacer will do absolutely nothing for performance, but it is included with the kit if you have to have it. Next invest in a nice exhaust setup...longtubes and a free flowing exhaust have shown the best gains on the hemi truck so far. Good luck with the modding and just let us know if you have any questions!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
SuperChips tuner... I had MagnaFlow and a home brew intake...
but SuperChips was the best bang for the buck by far... The exhaust sure sounded MEAN... DAMN now I miss my HEMI :D

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Welcome to DT Man! Your gonna love that truck!

I have to agree with everything said so far. Superchips first, then the CAI then Exhaust. You can search the forum here and find reading for days on both.

Dane

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dskirtech said:
Welcome to DT Man! Your gonna love that truck!

I have to agree with everything said so far. Superchips first, then the CAI then Exhaust. You can search the forum here and find reading for days on both.

Dane
What kind of numbers are you putting down Dsk, and what can I expect with the bolt ons?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.