DodgeTalk Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
on the 1.4 you could try this it makes turbo lag almost non existent. their is a vac line coming off the waste-gate follow it to a t the t is a line that goes to the air box just cap the air box side and the t side and is spools allot faster.i found this on a fiat forum they are squeezing every bit of power out of the 1.4. also the only oil that meets dodge warranty is Pennzoil ultra euro 5w-40 full synthetic.the 0w-40 oils can increase burn off due to blow-by.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Must of been before all the flashes We have no issues with it and its very peppy espcially when you auto stick it. ;)
It was in June.

I have a feeling, no matter what 2.0 auto we drive it isn't going to be quick (first impressions). Plus Every single review I read says the same thing about the 2.0, it is slow to sixty and has sluggish responsiveness. Just like I experienced.

I don't think the dart is a bad car, i just want one with a more powerful motor. Most of the 2014s come standard with the 2.4, which will probably help a lot, but I think I'm going to wait until 2015 when the 9 speed will be offered as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Car And Driver says
Zero to 60 mph: 7.6–7.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 16.2–16.4 sec
Top speed: 130 mph
For the 2.0, way off from what you are stating.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Car And Driver says
Zero to 60 mph: 7.6–7.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 16.2–16.4 sec
Top speed: 130 mph
For the 2.0, way off from what you are stating.
Thank you about to post that too:rck:

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
It was in June.

I have a feeling, no matter what 2.0 auto we drive it isn't going to be quick (first impressions). Plus Every single review I read says the same thing about the 2.0, it is slow to sixty and has sluggish responsiveness. Just like I experienced.

I don't think the dart is a bad car, i just want one with a more powerful motor. Most of the 2014s come standard with the 2.4, which will probably help a lot, but I think I'm going to wait until 2015 when the 9 speed will be offered as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Since June they have had 2 flashes to help with driveablity concerns. Honestly I dont know what your trying to achieve with a dart if you wanted performance I feel the dart isnt for you. The 9 speed isnt for performance its for fuel mileage. Now yes the 1.4 turbo and the 2.4 will be faster but again but the 2.0 is by no means sluggish or slow. From my experience and other test and comparisons that have been done.

Now yes the dart is slower than my diesel lol ;)

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
This test got 11 Seconds to Sixty.

Motor trend got 9.9 to sixty

Car and driver states that the 2.0 "seems to struggle against this Dart’s weight"

Carl the numbers you posted where from the 1.4 turbo test against the focus. Link Unless you care to post the link showing the 2.0 getting your numbers.

Car and Driver got 9.0 for a dual clutch 1.4 turbo and every test I have seen shows that a 2.0 is slower then a turbo.

AOL autos says, "Chrysler calls the Dart's two naturally aspirated engines Tigershark. This appellation is a little difficult to fathom with the basic 2.0-liter version, which doesn't feel very tigerish"

Automotive addicts got 10.2 to sixty with a 2.0 dart.

I think I've proven my point, I don't care how many flashes they do, the Dart 2.0 auto is not quick. Yes, the Dart might not be the car for my wife, but we are willing to wait to see how a 2.4 9 speed performs before buying another make.

The 9 speed isnt for performance its for fuel mileage.
Just like the 8 speed didn't help the Hemi Rams?:ugh

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
it is a nice car so far about 3500 miles and the only real glitch was a loose usb port witch turned the radio on all by itself. ten minute fix would have taken five if i had smaller hands.i also installed the racetrack tail light kit.i was disappointed it did not come with it but for $99 it was 2 hours well spent .the 1.4 was an easy oil change did it at 1000 miles and glad i did the oil was dark and nasty. the ultra euro smells like solvent it has allot of detergent in it but that's the recommended oil that's what i stick with.more updates to come but so far i think it's a great car for the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys
I got me a used 2013 Dart Ralleye Multi air Turbo , the 1.4 , and it is a great car .
But I bought it and I found out that the rear camera works but with blank screen, the trunk doesn't open by remote , and since on the trunk for this model there is no manual button , we have to rely on the under dash button which do not work also .
The main automatic door locks do not function , we have to lock and unlock each and every door manually.

I spotted 2 reasons but I do not know how to fix, and if I take it to dealer I am going to pay an arm and a leg.

1 - inside the trunk , 5 colored wires were in a black tube , were cut , ( I reconnected them)
2 - I checked all the fuses , there are 3 adjacent ones do not work , although the fuses are brand new. ( I tried to trace the RELAY , main distributer for those 3 fuses, but I couldn't with my primitive knowledge)
Can anyone help me ?
Did anyone had any of those problems ?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
so now at 30,000 miles with no issues. the car is run every day as a commuter. the only thing i can say about the 1.4 litre is to change spark plugs at 25 k . performance and fuel economy drop off big time if you don't. car seems to be holding up well tires were replaced at 25 k not because of excessive wear but nails.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts