DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought this for the wife.i got a lot of car for the money spent.how do you shut the seat belt alarm off ?

Attachments

·
Cole
880 Posts
nice car to bad the pic is upside down lol the wife and i have been considering the turbo'd engine one when we come back as she will need a car the gas mileage is really good and its seems like a decent platform for mods. what model did ya get

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Get in car and put seat belt on. Turn key to the run position without starting. As soon as seat belt light goes out un plug and replug seat belt in 3 times within 10 seconds and finish with it plugged in. Turn key off and open door.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Do you have to wait the 30-seconds or so for the computer to exit the programming mode like you do for the Ram's? Or is it just done?

:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya upside down i phone pics. this car has the 1.4 with the turbo and is moves quite well. i was actually impressed in the power also with the build quality. now as far as fuel economy around town and highway mix it is returning about 25 mpg so far.

·
Cole
880 Posts
thats about what my wifes focus gets which we need a decent gasser ya know lol im happy that your liking it so far thats the motor we were wanting to go with

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Do you have to wait the 30-seconds or so for the computer to exit the programming mode like you do for the Ram's? Or is it just done?

:)
Huh?

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
If my wife and I get a dart we are going to get a 2014 limited with the 2.4. I haven't been impressed with the 1.4 reviews and the 2.0 seems to be strained with the weight of the dart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
If my wife and I get a dart we are going to get a 2014 limited with the 2.4. I haven't been impressed with the 1.4 reviews and the 2.0 seems to be strained with the weight of the dart.

Really? I thought it ran pretty good. I had the 2.0 in a 2010 Avenger and that was kind of strained but it still ran good. The Dart flat out flies with the 2.0 in it.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Really? I thought it ran pretty good. I had the 2.0 in a 2010 Avenger and that was kind of strained but it still ran good. The Dart flat out flies with the 2.0 in it.
Maybe with a manual, but my wife wants an auto and the one we drove was SLOW, even compared to our v6 300.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Both mine were auto, the Dart and the Avenger....

·
Cole
880 Posts
a couple of my buddies went and bought a em they both got the limited and love the shiza out of them i havnt driven one yet and i probably wont get to because you have to schedule a test drive like 2 weeks out. and since there is only one american dealership overseas on base your kinda stuck unless you want european cars like audis bmw aka bmtroubleyou so yet another reason why i love America

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
When I read the procedure for this on the Ram's, it said to wait about 30-seconds for one last ding. This would tell you that the computer was out of the programming mode and you were done. My question was do you have to wait the same 30-seconds or is the programming different on the Dart's.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I have never waited for a ding on ANY Chrysler. You have to turn the key off right after unbuckle and rebuckle. You only have 10 seconds to do it all or it won't take.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Should have know the dealership tech was full of it.

:ugh

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i find the power of that little 1.4 with the dry clutch 6 speed more than enough.once that turbo comes to full spool it really pulls.at 80 mph it settles down to about 2500 rpm and still has power to pass and pull hills. it will never be a hemi but for a commuter car i like it.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts

Really? I own one with a 2.0 and its very peppy I test drove both didnt really like how the 1.4 felt. Needless to say very happy with our dart purchase. :crazy: lol

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Really? I own one with a 2.0 and its very peppy I test drove both didnt really like how the 1.4 felt. Needless to say very happy with our dart purchase. :crazy: lol
When we test drove it the car took a little over 10 seconds to get to sixty and the 50 to 70 (passing speed) took about 4 seconds; IMO way too long. I don't like having to plan passes because the car isn't powerful enough.

IMO that is far from peppy, or flying as Carl stated.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
When we test drove it the car took a little over 10 seconds to get to sixty and the 50 to 70 (passing speed) took about 4 seconds; IMO way too long. I don't like having to plan passes because the car isn't powerful enough.

IMO that is far from peppy, or flying as Carl stated.

Must of been before all the flashes We have no issues with it and its very peppy espcially when you auto stick it. ;)

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Maybe go and try another one because I know the one I got my daughter is a little rocket...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts