DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I moved to the Dodge truck family. I've had late model GM trucks (97 Z-71 follwed by a 03 Sierra) for a while now and have never really been comfortable in them :) so I bought this for a daily driver. It's a 1984 W250 4x4. I was told it has a 318 engine but after looking around and running the VIN I found it has a 360. As far as I can tell it is all original with 79,000 miles. Runs like a top and with all the snow we've had this week I've learned the 4x4 works great.

These pictures were before I bought it. It needed cleaned up and I didn't get to keep the tool box or in bed fuel tanks. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It looks a lot better now without all the bird droppings on the hood. I'm planning on getting it inside and doing a good wax job this weekend.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Sweet dude, there's one around here identical to it except for the running boards :) They are tough trucks.

·
440 and a 4 speed
976 Posts
nice ride.

You can confirm the 318 vs 360 issue by looking at the block - it'll have a casting (i believe on the drivers side near the back) of either 318 or 360.

if you can find or see it, on the passenger side bottom of the block near the middle (right near the oil pan) is a smooth flat area and the last few numbers of your VIN should be stamped on the block - if those numbers match - it's the original engine and if the VIN decode says 360, you are golden.

another way to tell is by the oil pan - but only a trained professional would be able to spot the difference (the 318 / 340 has a smaller curve in the front and back than the 360).

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
It'll say 360 at the end of the number behind and above the starter, on the block, if it is. Pretty easy to look at and see, usually you can see it through the fenderwell.

·
Registered
608 Posts
MVFD,

Nice looking W.

Welcome to the fraternity.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.