DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my 3500 a couple weeks ago and started the mods. First was the Carli Back Country 2.0, bed lining, rocker lining and of course new wheels and tires.

The tires are 295/70/18 on XD Addicts. I like both this size and this tire as they are fairly quiet, very tough (4000 pound max load) and have no bad qualities. I have them on my Rubicon and had them on the 11' Power Wagon as well. They work great in the dry, wet and snow. Not much difference on ice from what I can tell so far.

I like this specific size as it is approx 1-1.5 inches narrower than 12.50's (which are usually 13" plus). Due to this, they have extremely good road manners and both the Power Wagon and the new truck track perfectly straight down the road and aren't as sensitive to bumps and irregularities. Being nearly as tall as 35's, I don't loose much in diff clearance.

If anyone is curious, the Carli suspension is incredible. My wife has a new Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, which is a fantastic vehicle, and I would say the ride in my truck rivals the GC on all but washboard. It's very obvious how much tuning and engineering went into this kit.

Next up are Carli off road air bags and possibly deletes/tuner. I don't need more power but I want better shifting and maybe better MPG. Also on order are a set of Aluminess bumpers.

The red stripe in the pics is a bit of photoshop fun. I really liked the looks of my 2011 PW and am going to do a red stripe on the truck in the same bed spray material.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks great. Are you going to replace the the control arms to recenter the front axle down the road?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as it retains it's good manners, doesn't rub under articulation and doesn't prematurely wear the tires I may just leave it alone. Though more than likely I'll replace the arms when I replace the ball joints and high mount damper with more Carli stuff.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Once you have it the way you want it you'll have to post a jumping video LOL.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, none that I've felt, though I've spent little time in 4x4 since I've only owned this particular truck a few weeks. Being that this lift is only 3" the angles of the shafts didn't change much. I've been lucky with my Dodge trucks as they've all been fine with the mods I've done.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@DieselWorkin

Thanks, and back at ya. The black wheels make that white truck as does the reg cab. I've watched the vids on your channel a bunch. I grew up on sticks and think it would be a hoot to have a manual CTD....right up until my wife had to drive it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once you have it the way you want it you'll have to post a jumping video LOL.

Ohh, that's crossed my mind more than once. After the mods, I may have to give that a try and vid it. Though that could be used against me as evidence...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
SWEET RIG! ........ No way in hell I would jump that truck! LOL ... Not with a Cummins in her .. NO WAY!

Once again very nice rig! You have the EXACT Color Combo that I want at the moment!

·
Registered
712 Posts
:thatfunny And that jump was at 80 mph :worthy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
great looking truck. If you dont mind me asking, what does the Carli suspension upgrade cost? What about the install cost?

·
War Eagle!
2,005 Posts
that looks sick man. maybe post some pics of it flexin' a bit? I'm interested in how much the carli adds to the capabilites other than the stuff being bullet proof from what I hear

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
The truck looks great. Are you running the rear mini-packs or did you go with full leafs? Also, is this the first truck that you have lined the rockers on? I am considering doing this on my truck as well, but am curious as to how well it holds up to rock chips, does it fade over time, and does it clean up easily?

·
Registered
198 Posts
great looking truck. If you dont mind me asking, what does the Carli suspension upgrade cost? What about the install cost?
Carli offers different level's of suspension for different needs. Justice4all is running the Back Country System. On my truck I'm running the starter system. Both systems would be considered a 3" lift but really the front of the truck is raised about 2 3/4" and the rear about 1" effectively leveling the truck.

What's nice with Carli is you can build upon their kit's as you go. For example all the 3" carli systems use the same coil springs. Where the real changes come in is with shocks and and whether you do a full spring replacement in the rear.

Check out Carli's website to get a full appreciation of the different systems. BTW, as a person who has regretted different mod's I've done over the years on my vehicles I can tell you with 100% confidence I love the Carli suspension in my truck.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i'm considering a diesel but it has to have a minor lift. so it's my understanding with Carli you sit 2.75" (front) higher above stock vs. my power wagon at 2" (front). one thing that is holding me back is i'm not sure i can put air lockers in the 2500 diesel.

thanks,

mike

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Wow- that's a sharp truck!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
i'm considering a diesel but it has to have a minor lift. so it's my understanding with Carli you sit 2.75" (front) higher above stock vs. my power wagon at 2" (front). one thing that is holding me back is i'm not sure i can put air lockers in the 2500 diesel.

thanks,

mike
ARB makes air lockers for the 11.5 rear axle and 9.25 front axle. G

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts

thanks,

mike
ARB makes air lockers for the AAM 9.25 front and AAM 11.5 rear axle.:rck:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.