DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I cannot tell you how freaken lost & miserable I was for 2 whole weeks, it is like my whole world went to shit in a hand basket since the truck broke, It started with the truck perches, then my front bumper got screwed, then I lost my cell phone with all contacts from Hollywood California, actors, directors, so and so forth. Thereafter the dealer rejected fixing my truck, then the insurance company shop was scared to touch the truck, then I went to like 8 shops until finally "Boots Performance" hooked me up.

While it was at his shop, I ordered a driveshaft which ended up being the wrong one they shipped, which then I ordered another, which so-called got damaged in freight and I find this out three days later, then they say they cant deliver for 4 days which I cannot do. (Phew) I go to the dealer to get a driveshaft which was ridiculously expensive, but my dealer hookup gave me 20% off, no coupon. :) (Luck is changing)

I pick up the truck today and notice my roll pan was pushed in, I didnt care I just wanted to drive home. Ed from Boots Performance charged me $270.00 for the work. :rck: I gave hime $360 since he hooked me up and made time for me when no other shop would, he turns around with money in hand. looks at me and gives me back $60 and says "Thank you, but that is too much!" I encouraged him to take it for blessing me, but he refused. I shake his hand and thank him sincerely and go out and kiss my truck.

I get home and find my Advanced CPR & AED License in the mail :) (Great News) and I go to the back of my roll pan and yank the shit out of it and it goes back to normal (Awesome, no crease) All in all she is home and I will try my best to get her to paint next weekend, I gotta say "Damn I miss my Baby, the other woman, my mistress!!, the second love of my life next to my wife!"

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
looking forward to seein' it all painted!!!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Glad to see things are looking up for you.

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys, and sincerely THANK YOU, for being my shoulder to lean on when I was depressed and in misery! :rck:

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
YOU SUCK!!! no j/k I still got a week togo before I get to see my truck again after 9 months away from it. But the wife has been taking good care of it.

Glad to hear everything worked out good in the end though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Glad it worked out ok for you man. I've been reading your other posts...I can't imagine being without my truck for that long due to an upgrade I did. Glad she's back. :)

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
Congratulations on gettin it back. You gonna go to one of the meets comin up? I wanna see it in person and get some good pics

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed I will be there providing the date is good!

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Nice ending to a sad story!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Great to hear it all came back together.

·
15,912 Posts
I am glad it working out for you. I feel your pain. I had mine gone for almost 2 months last summer due to an engine failure.

Tell me more about this Advanced CPR and AED "LICENSE". I am an EMT and an instructor for AHA, Red Cross, ASHI, and ECSI. I have never heard of it. Who is the certification through. Thanks for the info. Sorry for the jack :(

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well as you know there are two CPR courses, the standard one and the one for Healthcare Providers, it just really goes over all the new concepts such as them changing compression counts to 30, then (2 breaths) and so on, 100 compressions per minutes. I am sure you have taken it already in one form of another.

It is just a step up / recent practices from the normal one. I took it with my local FD and BTW I highly respect your experience in that field. I would love to be an EMT, but seriously dont know if I can take that emotional stress that comes with it since I am really a loving person, plus kinda squirmish around lots of blood. So I am going for my Physical Therapist certification to help Sports players and kids who cant walk.

BTW take this to PM if you wish, I would love to talk more about it but dont wanna hijack my own thread.

·
15,912 Posts
RamAddiction said:
Well as you know there are two CPR courses, the standard one and the one for Healthcare Providers, it just really goes over all the new concepts such as them changing compression counts to 30, then (2 breaths) and so on, 100 compressions per minutes. I am sure you have taken it already in one form of another.

It is just a step up / recent practices from the normal one. I took it with my local FD and BTW I highly respect your experience in that field. I would love to be an EMT, but seriously dont know if I can take that emotional stress that comes with it since I am really a loving person, plus kinda squirmish around lots of blood. So I am going for my Physical Therapist certification to help Sports players and kids who cant walk.

BTW take this to PM if you wish, I would love to talk more about it but dont wanna hijack my own thread.
NP Man....I'm on IM if you ever want to talk about it.

·
Clifford'04
160 Posts
Glad to hear you got your ride back! I too would hate to lose my ride due to my own upgrades/mods. The learning curve in this one sucks. We all know now (for sure) weld something or other when doing this mod. Gotta love Dodge Rams!!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
yeah I've been reading your post too Glad you got your baby back...........

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
:cheerl: :party0003 :dwave: :party0003 :cheerl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.