DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I wasn't too sure about the wheels either at first. They have definately grown on me though. They were desinged by Xzbit for a SUV on 'Pimp my Ride', but MTV ended up not buying them. Each sheel casing says "Magnum" so the fit the car pretty well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good idea but not so good when put in production. I like guns, but to incorporate the shells into rims like that... umm... no. Sorry I just don't like em.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I'm not sure about those rims either.... but the rest of the car looks great, and the audio work you've done is really impressive. :)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
If you're Jesse James... they're great. Otherwise... uhhhh yea...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah dude, I have to agree with the majority on here. Those wheels just aren't Magnum quality. Although it does fall into the theme of a ".44 Magnum". :D

However, you're the one who has to be happy with it and if that's your choice then by all means you do what pleases you. IMHO those rims just don't cut it. Sorry man.

BTW - I like the license plate, but did you have to have the extra H in there? Wouldn't they let you put in a hyphen or something? DONT-H8 reads better. :D

·
adrenalin junkie
68 Posts
nice car, but NO to the lambo doors. spend your money on something else. wheels are ok i guess, but they'd probably get you shot in my neck of the woods! a few months ago beautiful tricked out black 300c all shot to hell almost came thru our ambo doors.
:(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks great! Those wheels look like they are Jesse James (west coast choopers) brand. Are they? Be careful with the Lambo doors I have seen a lot of sealing problems with them. Those are more or less for show vehicles.

I love your Sub box. That is a very clean look and you still have room!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
If you're Jesse James... they're great. Otherwise... uhhhh yea...

So, it's not the look of the wheels but the brand? :crazy:

The audio gear looks nice and I like the headrest video monitors.

Might want to check the function of the passenger airbag. It looks like you have a metal plate above the glove box. If so, it might cause lots of shrapnel if the airbag ever goes off, consider removing the piece or disable the airbag permanently.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
No, Jesse James makes some sick wheels... I was just commenting on how he likes to put the caps in his designs just as he does on the bars of the bikes he builds.

·
Registered
401 Posts
cal_poly_grad, I must say i didn't at first like the RIMS. I talked to the guys at work and they all just took a look at it. They actually think it looks kinda cool. Very original I must say myself! I see you live in Victorville...it would be great if you could make our June 11th meet in HB!

(I know its a bit of a drive, but it'll be fun!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: The Rims (see the licencse plate...j/k ;)
Like I said. They grew on me. I wasn't the biggest fan. I was actually going to take them back, but I got so many compliments on them the first day that I decided to keep them. Then when I went down the strip in vegas several people were rolling down their windows taking pictures...asking me where I got them etc. Perhaps they are an acquired taste.

Re: The licence palte. I tried every variation. The double HH was the only one left =(

Re: The Airbag. Good point. There is a split in the metal where the seam for the airbag is. I should probably investiate turning the airbag off anyhow. I would hate to a have passagener get chrome lodged in thier forehead. That would not be cool

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
cal_poly_grad, I must say i didn't at first like the RIMS. I talked to the guys at work and they all just took a look at it. They actually think it looks kinda cool. Very original I must say myself! I see you live in Victorville...it would be great if you could make our June 11th meet in HB!

(I know its a bit of a drive, but it'll be fun!).
Thanks for the invite :) I would love to go, but I have am the best man in a wedding that day. Let me know if you guys do another one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.