DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old 10 in edelbrock air cleaner from my old s10 that I put on my ram today, with an 3 in k and n filter,

first thing I did I went to my local harware store and I picked up an 2 foot 1/4th rod and two wing nuts, I went home I "hand bent" the rod for my s-bolt abd cut it down with my dremel, then I cut off an 1/4 of an inch off my aircleaner lower houseing to make it fit installed the s-bolt and "let her rip" :rck: and all I gotta say is this soo fun to drive now, the noise this thing makes is a nice sound I love when I punch it makes that sucking noise,

also what I did was that I lefted in the intake tube in the fender soo my truck gets an nice shot of cold air, then I removed the two black plastic things by my fans soo I get as much cold air as i can get to my engine...

:gr_patrio

has anyone else does this? I am sure I am not the only one

·
Registered
346 Posts
sounds sweet...try to get some pictures up because i really dont want to spend 250 bucks on a kit if i can just make is work myself!!

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I bought a cheap intake off ebay, and just used the airt hat from it, then some 45 alum. tube and a K&N filter. Put it together and works great! Still is about $150.00. Take off the shroud from beside the radiator and run it to there, but u have to watch heavy rain and puddles, I need to buy a wrap for mine.

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
i cant find that part number on page 20. Are you sure its the right number or page?

edit. Nevermind found it page 21

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the pic the K and N is a little messed up but whatever :)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.