DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this is like the 5th time my truck has died since I have had it. I got the truck in February, and it started to die. It usually does it from drive to reverse, but today it did it at a stoplight! I have heard of other people having this problem too. What do you guys think I should do, take it to the dealer? BTW it's an 05. Thanks, Pat.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mine did that once at a stoplight 3 weeks ago and has not done it again. I figure if it happens again I'm going to the dealer. If mine did it 5 times I'd definitely be off to the dealership. It's dangerous if that happens at freeway speeds. By the way I got it Feb.18.

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
mine did it about a month ago when i was at a stoplight, hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
42 Posts
5 times are alots for a new truck, I'd take it back to dealer and have them look at it, of-course they may not be able to find out what going on unless it's happened when they test drove (how often!) but at the least, ask them check the PCM part number and see if there's any up dated part number that may have some thing related to stalling problem, there's one new tsb's concern about idle fluctuates at stop on Hemi engine, ask them due to it's an intermitten problem, just flash your PCM to the newest software number/version and see if it's helps any.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
This was a past problem with some of the 03's.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to take it to the dealer...that just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
149 Posts
TREP R/T said:

Been there and done that and it did not work. I had them clean the throttle body and reset and adjust it. I have not had this problem in 2 weeks. I shoulda had them clean the IAT while they were at it. The only problem I am having now is the fact that the early 03 Hemi trucks idle at 500 rpms :crazy:

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
this may sound funny but mine died a couple times and it turned out to be the gas from mobil i stopped going there and never happened to me agian. so maybe try a differnt gas.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If it ain't supposed to happen - take it in - it's that simple.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Happend once to me the first day I got the truck in feb. I was stopped at a red light. Hasnt happend since though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
TREP R/T said:

I have an 03 which i got in May 03 have about 24,000 miles on it. I have never had this problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine has done this 6-7 times since I bought it in Feb. Its an '05. Mostly hapends when switching from drive to reverse.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Looks like the '04's got spared. Praise the lord!

·
Registered
27 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Looks like the '04's got spared. Praise the lord!
Nope, happened once a gravel road on a sharp turn, if someone would have been coming it would have been bad news. I had just hit some pretty good mud puddles (pot holes) and I attributed it to that "I hope". Has not happened since, about 5 months ago.

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
I was just talking to the service manager at the local dealership about the reliability of the Hemi he said good except for some stalling issues. He wasn't specific about which years but did mumble something about a reflash fixing it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, I don't know, I called the dealer awhile back and he said it could be a number of problems(idle speed, and other things I can't remember off the top of my head) I might just wait to see if it does it ONE more time. The reason I haven't taken it in is because I have heard of other people having the same problem. It had been like 2 months before it did it last, I was starting to think it went away:(.

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
I also switched gas stations after it happened. went from shell to cheveron, maybe that helped??

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I thought it happened to me today. I backed out of a spot and pulled the shifter down and just sat there. I couldn't hear the engine reving with the tunes thumping. And then I realized she was in N. :D Talk about a sigh of releif.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Duster

I love your Duster!
Did you buy it or build it like that?
I would love to hear that thing running! :rck:

Any track times yet? :drivingz:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.