Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: After they did the 30k service i have been driving for a week and a half i hear a whine at the rear end after i let go of the gas around 40 -45mph to stop and with my windows closed, and today its getting louder. but this monday is going to the dealer that did the service because they put new synthnic fuild in the rear as was suppose to. I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :mad:

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
I have the same exact problem. If I open my rear window, I can really hear it. it whines when I let off the throttle, cost. i thought it may be the tires, but i have 2 sets of tires and it does it on both.

The last thing done to the rear was new pinion shaft seal, and a few 1000 miles later changed the gear oil.

Post your results of taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:mad: Yeah they did the pinion sealed replacement and still did it. so i took it back to the dealer and they said that the barings are broken in the rear end. pretty much they had to replace anything that is broken. they had the truck since yesterday morning Monday. and they say the truck should be done by tomorrow if there is no more problems. :mad:

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...mine whined when I had 4.56's installed...still do.. i have a lifetime warranty on them so I'm not too worried...if the sound changes and gets louder I'll havem replace it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.