DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 mileage has dropped form about 16-16.5 down to 14.5-15 MPG. I have almost 7,000 miles on my truck. Is there any TSB's out for my truck?
Im also thinking about having the high idle enabled for the colder weather. Do the dealers charge for this, and if so about how much?

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
ridehardny said:
My 06 mileage has dropped form about 16-16.5 down to 14.5-15 MPG. I have almost 7,000 miles on my truck. Is there any TSB's out for my truck?
Im also thinking about having the high idle enabled for the colder weather. Do the dealers charge for this, and if so about how much?

I had the dealer turn on the high idle, and they didn't charge me anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I lost 2mpg when the ULSD came in a couple weeks ago, oh yea more loss when the winter fuel hits! Maybe they both hit at the same time and I'm blameing the wrong party?

My dealer did not charge me to turn on the high idle, but I also had them install the wire in the ECM B connector, that cost me $15. Buck a minute as I was charged for 1/4 hour.

CD

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CD in NM said:
I lost 2mpg when the ULSD came in a couple weeks ago, oh yea more loss when the winter fuel hits! Maybe they both hit at the same time and I'm blameing the wrong party?

CD
Now that I think of it, that's what it might be. I remember seeing stickers on the pumps in the past that said "not to use this diesel in 2007 vehicles or it could damage it" Now I see the ULSD stickers on the pumps. I bet that's what it is.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My dealer charged me 1/2 hour labor $45 to enable the fast idle. But then again Gene's Chrysler in Fairbanks, AK is why so many people drive 400 miles (including me) to Anchorage to buy new trucks......

·
Registered
266 Posts
What is the High idle?? my truck idles at around 700 RPM now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
High idle is a factory setup that aids the ctd in cold weather ...... diesels up here in Alaska are usually set up with them.... (computer program from factory usually I think)

It helps warm up the engine quicker when its cold....

·
Registered
126 Posts
ITS-A-HEMI said:
What is the High idle?? my truck idles at around 700 RPM now.
Like he said above. You can control it with your cruise control buttons. I also used mine in the summer to keep the ac blowing cold. You turn the cruise on and press set, and then you can idle up to I think 1500rpm by using the accel or decel buttons. The dealer has to activate it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hmmmm, mine idles right around 1g when it's cold, then when it warms up it kicks down to around 700.

·
Registered
107 Posts
During cold weather the fast idle comes on automatically to prevent "wet stacking" The dealer cna also set up the cruise control version which will increase the idle a little more. The normal fast idle is 1000 RPM if you wait for it to come on. The cruise ocntorl one jumps it to 1100 RPM immediately so you don't have to wait. Probably isn't such a good idea on real cold mornings to force it to 1100 RPM, let it idle till it kicks in automatically then push it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.