·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't forget to share pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When did you order it?

My wife and I placed an order for a maxed out RT AWD a week ago and we were really hoping to get it befroe the end of June for a trip from Austin, TX to Santa Barbara, CA. Thanks for any info, Rick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
An 06?

You ordered an 06? If so, then that wouldn't really be applicable to us since they didn't start 06 production till late Mar/early Apr, I think. Seems a long time from Feb to May. Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! R.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah - was expecting an '05 but was told I missed the boat. The fact that I ordered back then is no doubt the reason mine is shipping. I wasn't able to find exactly what I wanted on the lots so I special ordered - I've been ok with the wait. Springtime is a better time to take a new car anyways... thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
They've been building '06 Magnum R/Ts for a number of weeks already. Lead time on orders should be about the same as they were for the '05s though the Charger production start up might slow you down a little.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
MARKR54 said:
Yeah My '06 Is Slated To Be Shipped Out May 5th - So Kewl
A little late, but congrats........ and don't forget to post some pics of her when she gets there! :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered it and it's listed on the manifest/receipt/transaction sign-off - if the vehicle shows up without it - i guess i'll consider the purchase void and null - I expect it to be there....

·
Registered
78 Posts
When my order for a fully loaded RT in Inferno Red was rolled over to an '06, I had to decide what to do. I was buying my car as a 50th birthday present to myself. I was born in '55 and turned '50 just the other day (in '05, not '06, therefore I wanted an '05). The DM with whom I spoke told me the protection group would not be available on the '06 models until after June 1, 2005, thus the purpose of my post.

My order was totally bungled by the dealership where I placed it back in Nov. of '04. They never expected the '05 production to end so soon. I wasn't able to get the one I ordered with my name on the Munroney sticker as I had hoped. I did however, get one just like it (minus the smoker's group and the cold weather group) from a dealer in GA near Atlanta. It only had 3 miles on it so I was happy. The best the dealership (where I had placed my original order) could do was find one in FL with 49 miles on it! After giving it a lot of thought and wondering how those 49 miles were put on the car (WOT in low gear perhaps) and by whom, I declined it. Big mess. The dealership's sales manager was really nasty and threatened to keep my deposit because I wouldn't take the one in FL. They ended up refunding it but I wouldn't ever do business with them again. Had to start all over again and find another dealership to help me get my car.

I hope your car comes in just the way you ordered it and all is well. Maybe the DM was wrong but he read the memo to me over the phone indicating the pg wouldn't be available til after June 1. Therefore, if I wanted to let my '05 order rollover into an '06, I would be looking at way up in the summer or early fall before receiving it.

I'm just happy I got my '05 (my original intent) and everything turned out ok. The second dealer I worked with sent a truck and trailer to GA to pick up my RT and bring it back here (AL). Cost a little more than my ordered car would have but the point is I got what I wanted. Hope all goes well for you and congratulations on your '06! Post pictures when it arrives!

Greg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greg, sorry for all that you went through but I hope the end justified the means.
Regarding the protection group, something changed with that hold because my original '06 order (good dealer but they ordered trailer tow instead of conv group ii) which shipped about 4/6 had the protection group. My new order has it as well but was still in BX status as of a couple of weeks ago..

·
Registered
78 Posts
It was really ironic that things worked out the way they did. I don't care how old we get, disappointment is a difficult thing to swallow. When I got the call from the salesman who took my original order informing me I was not going to get my ordered RT and there was NO WAY I could get it, I was really disappointed. Then I switched to the p.o.'d mood and gave one of the other dealer's a call back. Had come really close to buying from this other dealer but the sales tax was less in the county where I ended up ordering the car (about $250-300), so I went with them instead. That ended up being a stupid move on my part because that dealer's allocations for RTs was very small and that, coupled with the early end to '05 production cost me my ordered car. The dealer from whom I ended up actually buying my car couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating and I would definitely buy another car from them in the future. I wouldn't hit a pig in the ass with the other dealer!

I can add those two small items (smoker's group and cold weather group) as dealer added options so my car will be a fully loaded '05 RT afterall. I hope in 25 or so years when I'm 80 (hahaha - if I make it to that age), some kid who isn't even born yet will want my introductory year RT. I don't plan on putting very many miles on it so it will be a fully loaded example with very low miles.

'All's well that ends well' I guess.

Greg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got A Call 2-day = It's At The Dealers... Went And Checked It Out Fyi - Noticed Right Off: Auto Lamps, New Shiny Bezel On Center Post.... R/t Emblem... Larger More Noticeable Hemi Emblem, Continental Tires, Rear Seats Split.... All I Can Think Of - Also Noticed It's Standing High (awd+trailer Tow Probably Doin It And I Like It!) Tomorrow I Pick It Up And Then Drop It Off To Have All My Gadgets Installed - Pics At Weeks End!

·
Registered
110 Posts
What a great feeling. Ours came into the dealers just before closing last Monday and I just happened to spot the truck or we would not have known until the next day. We took pictures and got to see it even though they were closed. Got it last Tuesday. You are going to be thrilled. Enjoy the heck out of it. I sure have.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tomorrow I'll Be Getting My Beast With All The Aftermarket Gadget Systems Installed - Anyone Want Pics?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
MARKR54 said:
Tomorrow I'll Be Getting My Beast With All The Aftermarket Gadget Systems Installed - Anyone Want Pics?
YES by all means, post the pics here as soon as you get a chance! :rck:

·
Registered
271 Posts
MARKR54 said:

how do you plan on using the 915 and the uconnect and other goodies? I just picked up my 06 R/T with everything but the Ucconnect and I still have a semi new Kenwood 915 that I packed back up neatly in teh box it came in and I am trying to decide what to go with. I already miss being able to watch TV in the car.

Let me know what you ended up installing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.