DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
641 - 651 of 651 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Sure but shipping them might be a killer on them lol. I have been considering going back to 17's lately. Maybe getting the 17" off road rims or ss/t's if I find a set.
Missed this. Aren't the ss/t's16s? You are gunna wanna run a minimum 17" with those drop spindles. 16s are doable if you are willing to trim the lower control arm a bit to make lock to lock turns.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
Missed this. Aren't the ss/t's16s? You are gunna wanna run a minimum 17" with those drop spindles. 16s are doable if you are willing to trim the lower control arm a bit to make lock to lock turns.
Nope both the ss/t and off-road rims are 17's. I'd never go back to 16's. But I like the look of these factory 17's.

ss/t rims
ImageUploadedByAG Free1385054748.684192.jpg

Off-road rims
ImageUploadedByAG Free1385054799.672773.jpg

·
That Weird Guy
686 Posts
SS/T/Indy wheels are going to be a pain to find. ORE wheels will be easier as they were available for 3 years: 2001, 2003, and 2004. Limited numbers, but still, more years than the SS/T. Dunno what they'd look like with street tires though, only ever seen them with AT's on them.

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
both are sweet

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wish they made the offroad wheels for 8-lug

·
That Weird Guy
686 Posts
Never much been one for trucks dropped that far, but that I would rock that little Sport.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The air dam probably scrapes on speed bumps.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
I wish they made the offroad wheels for 8-lug
Shoulda stuck with the 5-lug axles ;) lol just kidding. I think I've seen a set of 8 bolt rims that looked kind of similar to the off road rims but not sure now.

Capt. Cameltoe's V10 swapped truck
View attachment 409762
I knew I had seen a lowered 2nd gen with those rims somewhere. Thanks for finding that. I also think I need a set of those mirrors now once I get the drop done. Add another thing to the list!! Lol

I'm starting to like the look of the 17's with the drop more and more. Guess I'll start searching now and maybe find some by spring.

Never much been one for trucks dropped that far, but that I would rock that little Sport.
His might be a little lower but that should be about how mine will sit with the drop on it.

641 - 651 of 651 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.