DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've noticed my 95 dodge ram 1500 recently started clicking noises somewhere in the front end when I steer back and forth.. Anyone know what this might be ??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

Start with u-joints in the front axle. When a cap losings bearings it can make a clicking sound. Best way to know is to listen to it next to a wall or building. As you change speed, the clicking should mimic the result. It can also be the hub bearing and will have the same diagnosis. To determine which, jack up one side and rock the wheel from 12 to 6 to see if there is play= bearing. Reach into the ujoint and wiggle, if play= u-joint. Replace with only Timken bearings and Spicer joints.

If it is a static click from turning the wheel not related to speed, check tie rods for play. I hope you don't have the stock track bar with 10" lift....

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did notice play in my driver side axle u-joint.. That might be it.. I do have a stock track bar, but it is a 7" suspension lift with a 3" body lift.

Thanks for your help !! I will replace that u joint with play in it then let you guys know what happened

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.