DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still working on my 92. I have it mechanicly done and interior done. The truck is white. I plan to keep it white. The truck has gold pinstripes with the rams head in a few spots in the stripes. I did the interior is red when it was done. The gold looks good on it but I can't decide whether to keep the stripes gold or change them to red. What do you guys think? What would you do?

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
slide down to the concept / modified section of our site and asked those guys to photoshop it - how ever you want to see it

that way you will have a good idea how it will look before you spend a penny on paint or decals ...

without seeing the pic, I'd say ditch the gold for red

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a pic of it right now and never took any close up enough to be able to see the stripes. They are just a standard roll pinstripe that have the rams head about 1.5" square on the bed at the ends and one on the front fender and one right behind the door . They were of course done after market and I liked them so after repaint I was going to have them redone. From the outside the gold looks pretty darn good. But I did my interior in a dark redish maroon color. I am just trying to get a second opinion on it I guess. The gold looks good but doesn't just jump out and demand attention and take away from the truck. Do you think the red would? I guess that is what I am getting at.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is kind of what I was thinking. I don't want the stripes to take away from the rest of the work that has been done to it. I want the $4000 paint job to stand out not the stripes.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
since it's pinstripes we are talking about, I think they would just accent the truck, instead of big bold stripes that might detract from the look you are going for

my .02

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I had decided to do it in gold as it is a more subdued color than the red. That was until this past weekend. I saw a white 90 that was trimmed in red and it actually looked extremely good. The owner and I started talking and comparing the two trucks. They are the same color in and out. Even optioned almost the same. I have tilt , he doesn't. Anyway I am going to go with the red stripes and after making the decisions I made, now I decided to go with a diff stripe.It will still look good and as soon as I get pics I will post them up for you guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.