DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to this forum, I'm having trouble finding out how to post pics of my truck. I've seen some talk about needing to make 10 posts before you can post pics? Well, I guess for now I'll just talk about my truck. First, I'd like to say that I have been into Power Giant trucks since the early 70's (dating myself), and in addition to the Townie, I also own a '57 W-200 Power Wagon pick-up.

I purchased the Townie in Oct - 09, in Bend, Or. It had 58,XXX documented miles on it, and had never left Bend. It now has 59,225 miles. I was very fortunate to find this truck in the shape it was in. NO rust issues and NO body damage. That saved a ton of work and money. The truck was completely torn down and gone through, in every aspect. When I bought it, it had been painted once, as the factory paint had oxidized, and the 2nd owner (the original owners daughter and son-in-law) just wanted to keep it looking good and protected. I had been collecting a lot of Power Giant factory options over the years, and used many on this restoration. From the factory, the Townie was one color, a light blue. We decided to two tone her, and used a non-factory medium blue-green for the main body and the factory Mohave Beige for the top and accent areas. We are very pleased with the way it turned out, and receive many positive complements on the paint. The truck was ordered with the 315 poly V/8, 4sp trans., and PTO Winch. The winch is a rare option. Some other options we added are, NOS tinted windshield, ceiling mount model 700 radio, windshield stainless trim, extra body molding stainless trim, pass side arm rest and visor, ash tray, Truckmaster heater, ( non option Warn hubs, and 8:00 X 19.5 wheels and tires), middle and rear seats.

The restoration took 3.5 years (the body/paint guy was slow), but was worth it in the end, as the truck turned out nice. It's a pleasure to drive and a kick in the pants at shows, as people are always asking,"What is this truck, I've never seen anything like it!" We thoroughly enjoy explaining to people all about a 1957 Dodge W-100 Town Wagon/Power Wagon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

for your response, TJ. I looked at your Lil Red rebuild thread. I really like those trucks, and almost bought one myself in about 1995. I'm glad to hear that your son is interested in the project. What a great way to spend time with him. Those LRT's are real head turners, and distinctly unique! Great choice for a project.
I like the way your thread is done, and being computer challenged, can you tell me how to do the same with my pics?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Go to a free picture hosting site and create an account and upload your photos. I use photobucket, but use whatever you like.

When you want to post a picture in your thread click on the
at the top of the message window. It will ask you to enter the URL of your image. On your photobucket website there will be a place to share your image. Select the text under your picture that you want to post and copy the text that starts with IMG. That will be the URL of you picture. Paste that into the aforementioned button and you should be good to go.

There are better tutorials out there on how to post pictures than what I can do, but hopefully you were able to follow what I was saying.

And thank you for the complements on the Lil Red. I really enjoy being able to get out there with my son and teach him all I can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the

coaching on how to post pics. I get some of it, and will try to work out what I'm not sure of. I forgot one thing I was going to say to you about truck gauges. You said you were looking for a vintage 'look' gauge to replace the amp gauge in the LR. I have what I believe is a 'induction amp' gauge out of a '64 Dodge 500 truck. On the back, there are no terminals, just a metal loop that the amp wire passes through. I've never seen another like it, and truth be told, don't know if it works. What do you think about that? Ever heard of one?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got

a nerd coming over on Friday to get me set up to post pictures, so, looking forward to that!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have found that the easy way to post a picture in dodgetalk is to google 'how do I post a picture in dodgetalk?' and follow their instructions. But to make it simpler....

1. Post your picture to your computer.
2. Set up a folder for the pictures you want to post on dodgetalk.
3. Move your pictures to the folder. ( this simplifies the area you want to go to to find the picture )
4.Right click on the picture and put it into EDIT mode and re-size the picture to under 1MB in size. I find the 250-300kb to be a good usable size.
5.Go to DodgeTalk forum and into your thread. Right click on 'reply' and start your message. Then scroll down to where it says MANAGE ATTACHMENTS and right click on that.
6. You will see three 'browse' boxes...right click on the top one. That will send you to your desktop choice screen so you can scroll to the folder with your pictures. Right click on the folder and then open it.
7.move your cursor to the picture and right click on that picture. Right click on the SELECT box and it will put that picture onto the attachments board. You can then go to the next 'browse' box and repeat the last segment untill you have just under 1MB of pictures loaded up.
8. On the Right side of the attachments screen there is a box that says UPLOAD. Right click on that box and wait for the system to notify you that your pictures have loaded up to your post .
9. Of course, then all you have to do is hit 'submit reply' and you're done.

I think I hit all the spots that work for me. I will say that sometimes I get kicked out of the reply box because I overload(?) the picture capacity. Play with the process and find out what works for you. We look forward to seeing your truck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, K-Ray

for taking the time to explain the process to me. I will make an effort to follow them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I follow

your directions, I can't make it work. I'm on Windows XP, maybe that's the difference, I don't know. I'll wait for the nerd. Tomorrow afternoon.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the nerd

(actually a very nice man, and a friend of mine. I'm not being mean) came by today and it appears my computer has an age problem. Imagine that! There are several problems to overcome. So, I have to wait awhile longer to be able to post pics of my truck. If someone here was up for it, I would email a couple of them to you, if you wouldn't mind posting them here for me. I'm not sure if it can be done , or if it's against the rules for this forum......

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
57Townie; that's one really, really, nice truck. Good thing that piece of history is in your hands!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.