DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys can someone please help me out here! my truck is doing something real weird at wide open throttle. its sounds like its running out of gas when i punch on it. like its not getting gas. can someone please give me some input on this. it usually does it within the first 10-15 minutes of driving...

is it bad gas?
dirty injectors?
too lean?
dirty throttle body?

anyone? thanks for any help yall!
-zac

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
you sound like your going into a limp mode setting....when my tstant 180 was in when i acclerated it didnt throw you back in your seat like it usually does ...are you getting around 32 degrees down thereright now

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
I'd clean the TB first since its quick and easy, and never hurts anything...

If you were too lean, it wouldnt just now be showing a loss, you would have noticed that long ago.

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
change the fuel filter? i thought these trucks had an electric fuel pump/filter in one...it didnt do it this morning but i dont want that shit happening again. the idol was all f*cked up like it couldnt find where it wanted (going from 1000 to 500 like it was about to die...not surging) is injector cleaner bad to use on our dodges? if not then what kind to use? im also going to put some high octane in her later today to see if that might help. anyone know where the fuel filter is on these? is it right under the driver seat on the chassis like normal filters? she has 100,400 miles now...what do i need to be changing out at that mileage besides the tranny fluid???

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Wasginer12 is correct its in the gas tank. I use lucas fuel injector cleaner in mine and everynow and then seafoam.. Did you clean your iac motor? That might help. Or it could be bad gas like you stated in your first post.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
fuel pump is supposed to be a 100,000 mile part, as well as the filters on it. a shop can hook it up to a machine and check to pressure consistency to see how well its operating

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive never heard the fuel pump on the dodges are a 100,000 mile part????!!!
i thought they are dependable for the life of the truck...
thats why theyre so damn expensive for our trucks.
would i have to drop the freagin tank to change the fuel filter??????? you have to be kidding! lol

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
BIGBAD4.7 said:
ive never heard the fuel pump on the dodges are a 100,000 mile part????!!!
i thought they are dependable for the life of the truck...
thats why theyre so damn expensive for our trucks.
would i have to drop the freagin tank to change the fuel filter??????? you have to be kidding! lol
You have to drop the tank to swap the pump as well. It isnt as hard as it sounds though. I did this when I swapped in an 04 fuel pump and it wasnt bad.

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how much are fuel pumps and are they the same part for hemis and 287s? also would it not work yesterday and be fine today if it was a fuel pump? i just dont understand why it only screwed up when i floored it from a roll

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
BIGBAD4.7 said:
how much are fuel pumps and are they the same part for hemis and 287s? also would it not work yesterday and be fine today if it was a fuel pump? i just dont understand why it only screwed up when i floored it from a roll
That almost sounds like a computer screw up. I dont see why it would happen one day and not the next. Have you put in new gas since yesterday when it was acting up?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
the life of the vehicle parts are 100,000 miles, just sounds better at the service desk. it would be hard to start if it was a fuel pump, but not always.

have you ever had the 02's replaced? you said until it warms up... those take time to heat up as they get older and dont read accuratly until they are hot.. oh and those are another 100,000 miles part or so im told.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
If it was your fuel pump it would do it all the time. If it was your o2's you would get a code. I would reset your pcm and see if that helps. Then go from there. You have alot of modifications, what is your afr

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Wideband-noun-Wyd-band- A band that wide women wear to appear smaller;
Also a electronic device sometimes associated with cars and trucks to sniff the exhaust for oxygen content-one word

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.