DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the board so i figure i should show my ride and see what u guys think :rck:

im tryin to get this thing lowered a bit but we'll see...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
very nice lookin truck great color

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Nice Dakota :rck:

I too own a 2005 Dakota but mine is just an ST. Black is a nice color.

Jim.

·
Registered
396 Posts
nice truck, i wouldnt lower it tho. JMO. i would however get some vlack headlights for it!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Lookin' good! :tup: Maybe the Night Runner headlights from Dodge would complete the look??

If you're going to lower it, take the 4x4 sticker off first. lol

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Lookin' good! :tup: Maybe the Night Runner headlights from Dodge would complete the look??

If you're going to lower it, take the 4x4 sticker off first. lol
I agree, Nice truck, but I say lose the 4x4 sticker no matter what. Oh, and no more chrome, it has a nice balance now, anymore would be too bling, bling - just my .02

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thnx for ur comments, i just recieved my black headlights!! :D its the avs projektor ones. maybe a billet grill?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
You can probably find a grille like mine somewhere.... it's a BIG improvement over the stock plastic grille inserts. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow! what a difference, but one question....how do u pop the hood with no room for the latch??

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
kledmyster said:
wow! what a difference, but one question....how do u pop the hood with no room for the latch??
There's a little metal bar that attaches where the factory hood latch was, and you have to reach up there and feel around for it, but it works. The thing just looks so much better with this grille that any inconvenience caused is worth putting up with. :tup:

·
Banned
268 Posts
kledmyster said:
The truck looks great. Mine is black as well. I am currently on vacation this week on the west coast seeing family (San Diego, where wife and I are orig. from), but once I get back east, I will post more up-to-date pics.

Anyway, check out this auction. It is a billet grille, that has the space clear for the hood latch. I have this on the way and some of the other members have this one and like it very much. Check out the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...230037654524QQihZ013QQitemZ230037654524QQrdZ1

Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just put the front headlight covers on, they fit perfectly, got em off ebay for 55 bucks.

Attachments

·
Banned
505 Posts
Very nice truck man, and you've reminded me that I have not yet posted pics of my R/T and I've had it 2 months now.
Billet grills are very homely if you ask me, and yes I know noone asked me but I'm telling everyone anyway :)

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
kledmyster said:
Here's a couple pics of my Polished Aluminum Billet Grille. They're pretty big pictures so if you click on `em to enlarge them you may want to have your browser in Full Screen Mode. This Grille already came with the cut out for the hood release which attracted me to it.

I bought mine off ebay for $60.00.
I love the way FreeLantz Grille looks to tho. :rck:

My Polished Aluminum Billet Grille as far as i know has no big mfg name to it. The Quality of it is top notch and is pretty Heavy Duty. Alot Heavier in weight than i expected when i received it and pretty easy to install.

Jim.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats exactly what im looking for, the only thing is i want the grill inserts to go all the way across, pretty much like the one 'freelantz' has on his. i wonder where he bought his from... oh and, does anyone of you have an ecort 8500 x50 on their truck? i just got one and am kinda confused, it didnt pick up a couple of sheriffs.. :huh: , just wonderin..anyway, im gonna look for the grill that freelantz has.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
kledmyster said:
thats exactly what im looking for, the only thing is i want the grill inserts to go all the way across, pretty much like the one 'freelantz' has on his. i wonder where he bought his from... oh and, does anyone of you have an ecort 8500 x50 on their truck? i just got one and am kinda confused, it didnt pick up a couple of sheriffs.. :huh: , just wonderin..anyway, im gonna look for the grill that freelantz has.
I got mine at Line-X of Houston, but I'm sure you can find one closer to where you live too.

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
kledmyster said:
Yeah no doubt about it,... That is a nice grille Freelantz has. :nutkick:
There were many more grilles i was actually really, really interested in but those were like $200+ and when I saw another member here with it and he said he got it off eBay for $60 i figured for my 1st grille $60 was a good price just to get rid of the stock plastic grille so I decided on that one for now.

Good Luck and whatever Grille you get I'm sure it'll look good because the New Looks of the 2005+ Dakota's Kickass :buttkick:

Jim.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I sense a little sarcasm in that last post. lol

But seriously............if you find what you want, and it fits your budget and the price is fair for what you are getting, why complain? I paid a lot more than $60 for my grille but it looks just like I envisioned it, and I'm 100% satisfied so that is all that matters! :D

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
FreeLantz said:
I sense a little sarcasm in that last post. lol

But seriously............if you find what you want, and it fits your budget and the price is fair for what you are getting, why complain? I paid a lot more than $60 for my grille but it looks just like I envisioned it, and I'm 100% satisfied so that is all that matters! :D
Dude,... I am so sorry if you felt like there was some or any Sarcasm in my last post! None was ment by anything i said, I re-read my post and i couldnt understand where you felt the sarcasm was, I really do feel that your grille is a better grille than what I have.

So i just wanted to say sorry for anything i might have said that might have came across the wrong way, Sometimes what I'm thinking doesnt come across the same way when writing it instead of saying it.

Jim. :rck:

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
05Dakota CC said:
Dude,... I am so sorry if you felt like there was some or any Sarcasm in my last post! None was ment by anything i said, I re-read my post and i couldnt understand where you felt the sarcasm was, I really do feel that your grille is a better grille than what I have.

So i just wanted to say sorry for anything i might have said that might have came across the wrong way, Sometimes what I'm thinking doesnt come across the same way when writing it instead of saying it.

Jim. :rck:
LOL don't worry about it... I must have misinterpreted something or maybe it was the smiley's... :D Anyway I'm not saying "mine is better" just that I am happy with it and that's all that matters!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.