DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've got a truck on order and it should arrive sometime in mid March. I have a $2,000 owner loyalty coupon I received in the mail from Chrysler. This was one of those 4 million or so Targeted Direct Mail (TDM) coupons Chrysler sent out to owners of Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. I can use it in addition to any existing incentives/rebates. The problem is that the coupon expires 3/2/09. Chrysler tells me the coupon is not "sold order protected" so it will expire 3/2.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get my $2,000 off even if the coupon expires? Is there a loophole I'm missing? I've tried talking the dealer in to matching the coupon amount with bonus bucks etc but I'm not having much luck. If I could find a truck on the dealer lot I'd buy it tomorrow but I can't find one I like...or even close to it.

Thanks, Doug

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Well as hard as it may be, you don't own that vehicle until you drive it off.... so tell them to honor the discount or you'll walk. They will either make it work or tell you sorry and show you the door.

We ordered a Dodge Journey and the dealer seemed very heavy on the "deal isn't done until it arrives and your happy with it".... we were putting enough cash down that it didn't matter, otherwise I might have been put off by the way they came across.

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
I agree, if they want the sale they'll need to honor it, or you won't take it, that's the argument you need to present. with chrysler in this mess with the rest of the automakers, i'm sure they'll take the 2k hit to make the sale, but it's not yours until it's off their lot, and if it's on their lot, they ain't sold the vehicle, and that would be mistake for the dealer and chrysler would or should slap them silly for losing a sale over that

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a $1000 coupon from the Internet and it was going to expire and would not be sold protected either.

Now the dealer sold me the truck at $1K below employee pricing to honor the coupon so I would order a truck.

Waiting on truck to come in.

$2K is allot of money to give up? Will you lose your deposit if you don't take the truck?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well as hard as it may be, you don't own that vehicle until you drive it off.... so tell them to honor the discount or you'll walk. They will either make it work or tell you sorry and show you the door.

We ordered a Dodge Journey and the dealer seemed very heavy on the "deal isn't done until it arrives and your happy with it".... we were putting enough cash down that it didn't matter, otherwise I might have been put off by the way they came across.
I've done the walk out the door deal and they don't care. This is a smaller dealership so they may have less room to negotiate than the larger truck superstores. I'm not sure if I will lose my down payment of $500 but if I save $2,000 somewhere else it's still pretty good.

The truck I have on order is a fairly loaded SLT. So the tricky part here is I'd have to get a Laramie on the lot somewhere and it would end up not having many of the options I want. In addition I don't want the leather seats and the clad wheels. So the bottom line is even with the $2,000 off coupon I'll have to pay more for a Larimie that isn't quite the truck my ordered SLT is. Hope that makes sense. So I'd be paying more to get less truck.

Thanks for all the input.

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
With our Journey, we were told the deposit was just to insure we were not jerking them around. We were told that f we didn't like the car, wasn't happy with anything, or if financing didn't work we would get our 500$ back....

I know what your saying, in Anchorage the dealers could seem to care less about making any deals.... still too many people with $$ walking around. They are offering 16K off a 2008 3500 mega cab, that is about the only deal going.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Most people can get 10k off... 11k with 0% and 48 fairly easily.
I also found that getting $11k off was pretty easy anywhere I went. This wasn't the case for a vehicle that gets ordered though. On mine I could only get $8,300 off. I managed to talk them in to giving me an extra $2,000 off with a bonus coupon I have (owner loyalty).

I found the dealers that give the huge discounts don't want to order trucks. All that I called said they didn't order trucks for people...and that if they did the discounts wouldn't apply.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
that's a slap in the face. you are taking the time and thought to ORDER a truck from them but they won't give you a deal where as you pick one off the lot like walmart and you can

I'd call chrysler customer service

·
RamRoddin'
793 Posts
Sounds to me, that all chrysler dealerships clearly want to primarily (whether directed to do so by chrysler corporate or not) get rid of their existing inventory for whatever reason.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's a slap in the face. you are taking the time and thought to ORDER a truck from them but they won't give you a deal where as you pick one off the lot like walmart and you can

I'd call chrysler customer service
I have called customer service. They were firm on the expiration date. There's not much the dealer can do because it's Chrysler that reimburses them for the coupon. If they honor the coupon the money has to come out ouf their pocket.

They did agree to give me $2,000 worth of bonus coupons. I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have called customer service. They were firm on the expiration date. There's not much the dealer can do because it's Chrysler that reimburses them for the coupon. If they honor the coupon the money has to come out ouf their pocket.

They did agree to give me $2,000 worth of bonus coupons. I'm ok with that.
I'm in the same situation with the expired coupon. My truck should be here in two weeks tops!

How much of a hassle was it to get them to give you "bonus coupons"? Did they mail them to you?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It took a little bit of convincing but they had to in order to keep my business. I told them I had the coupon that would be going away and that they had to match it or I would go use it on a truck that was on a lot somewhere. I told them this around 2/25 so they had sometime to think about it. They called their business center seeing if the coupon could be extended...it couldn't. At that point I told them they needed to give me Bonus Bucks or I would walk.

Bonus Bucks are coupons they get for each vehicle they sell. On the Ram you can stack the coupons and use as many as 6. Each coupon is worth $500 so they will be using 4 on my truck. I think that they usually use the coupon on deals that need a little more money shaved off...usually they use these coupons towards the end of the month.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It took a little bit of convincing but they had to in order to keep my business. I told them I had the coupon that would be going away and that they had to match it or I would go use it on a truck that was on a lot somewhere. I told them this around 2/25 so they had sometime to think about it. They called their business center seeing if the coupon could be extended...it couldn't. At that point I told them they needed to give me Bonus Bucks or I would walk.

Bonus Bucks are coupons they get for each vehicle they sell. On the Ram you can stack the coupons and use as many as 6. Each coupon is worth $500 so they will be using 4 on my truck. I think that they usually use the coupon on deals that need a little more money shaved off...usually they use these coupons towards the end of the month.
I though customer service gave you the coupons. If the dealer did than I'm probably out of luck.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I would be driving another brand lol and I have had 7 dodges :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.