DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 CTD multifunction indicator lamp (check engine light) stayed on all day today from start up this morning (not blinking, steady on).

From what I read this would most likely be an oxygen sensor problem, but wanted to get some opinions. The truck is running perfect so after my initial concern went about my business.

Thx BDX.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont believe there is an oxygen sensor in the ctd. a few other people i know get the check engine light when they plug the truck in at night. the code is for abnormal battery temp.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have my truck plugged in and it did happen right after that. How can I clear this ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
a friend of mine clears his every time it comes on with his palm pilot from banks. other than that i guess you would have to go to the dealer or a shop that can clear the codes. i also have the banks and if i start getting the light every time i plug in at night i may consider the palm also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you had any more information on this palm pilor from banks system would sure appreciate it,... don't have any tooling to diagnose/clear codes. Appreciate the response.

BDX

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you have battery heaters on your truck. If so you have to move the battery temp. sensor from under the battery to another location. I just duct taped mine to the side of the battery. If your heater warms the sensor beyond what the ambient temp. is it will trip a code.

·
Registered
23 Posts
for more info try bankspower com for the banks website. a lot of people on the site do not care for banks, i believe because many other programers/tuners can achieve much more power. i have used the banks in my 2002 ctd for a few years and recently put it in my 2006 ctd. so far i am happy with it

·
Registered
576 Posts
First do the key trick to see what exact code it spits out. If you don't know what I mean, then do this. Put key in ignition, turn to ON posistion (not start), then back to off, then on, then off, then on. The digital display will flash a number, like P01574, something of that nature. Once you figure that out, we can see exactly why the CEL came on.

If it is the battery thing, it happens to me every now and again too. It usually turns off by itself within that day.

·
Registered
161 Posts
welcome to the PO514 club. Dont worry it will go away after a few warmups. nothing to worry about

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stopped by the dealer today and the tech gave a quick scan and did pick up the battery temp sensor. He did load a 'flash' for this that he said would take care of the problem... we'll see. However, I was in and out in 20 minutes.

thanks for the information on this. BDX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.