DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have a 08 Dakota and my turn signals are on the fritz. Basically what is going on is that when you hit the left turn signal the right one comes on or the left one will come on and while your sitting there waiting for the light to turn green it will just randomly switch to the right I took the truck to dodge and they suspect a short in the multifunction switch and want 330$ to replace it. I went to my local auto parts store and picked up the new one for 70$ problem is the new one doesn't have the one touch feature like the original had so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem before or knows the correct part number so I can get the right one any help and info will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar trouble with my '09 Dakota. Bought a Standard Motor Products part# CBS1338 from Amazon for $55. It was a direct replacement, has the one-touch lane change feature & works perfectly.
FYI, Standard used to be Standard Motor products. They were (& I think still are) OEM suppliers to many manufacturers. So it's no surprise that their part works.
There's a great YouTube video by a RAM tech on replacing this multi-function switch without pulling the steering wheel & airbag. I followed it & the job took about 5 minutes. Piece of cake!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.