DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other morning i noticed there was a little bit of water dripping from the back end of my muffler, don't know if it's condensation or just a bit of water from the humidity, also looks like there is a small hole towards the bottom...

area of concern or just replace the muffler?

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
mine drips/spits water alot, nothing to worry about it has to do with weather and whatnot

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
nothing to worry about, my truck had the same thing going on too before i added my dual exhaust to it. it's just your cathayic converter breaking down the harmful gases for the engine, and in return the harmful gasses are coming out as condensation.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Same here; when I would "auto start" my truck in the early morning, I would see the condensation dripping from the back of the muffler. In fact it happen so much, it stained the driveway with some of the exhaust soot where it was dripping.

:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, cool deal....thanks all!

think i just bit the bullet and now my truck goes in the shop next week for a upgrade, going with a Magnaflow muffler for the Hemi... :rck::rck:

the stock stuff is pretty rusted due to my beach fishing trips. :D

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
ok, cool deal....thanks all!

think i just bit the bullet and now my truck goes in the shop next week for a upgrade, going with a Magnaflow muffler for the Hemi... :rck::rck:

the stock stuff is pretty rusted due to my beach fishing trips. :D
When I changed my system, the Flowmaster doesn't have the weep hole in the muffler. Now all of the condensation washs out the two tail pipes.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.