DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a question about muffler replacement.. My truck currently only has a flowmaster resonator (strait piped) on it and is just too loud at freeway speeds (hi drone factor) especially pulling.

I was looking for a inexpensive fix. I found some good comments on Donaldson mufflers online (for a 4 inch in and 4 inch out 51" long, they run about $85). But I have a local shop that can get a fleetguard (4 inch in and out 51" long for $72). I could have a friend install and not cost more than $20 for the work..

What does everyone think? Will this get rid of the drone? Should I leave the resonator on and put it in front of it or behind? Is this the right solution?

Thanks for any tips or ideas you can provide!

Tim

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
ditch the resonator and get a straight-thru muffler it would sound much better

and don't you know that a opened up ctd is the best sound in the world?;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking. I like the sound just not the drone. It is only at freeway speeds between 63 - 68.

thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would definitely keep the resonator on because it will help eliminate drone on the highway. As far as mufflers go, I have an MBRP muffler that produces just the right amount of noise, especially at WOT, without the drone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.