DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have stock exhaust. i want to take off my muffler and leave my resenator and cats... will it sound bad ass, will it be a low tone or a screaming high tone? my muffler shop will cut em out and put straight pipes for 20 bucks... even if it sounds like crap what the hell, its cheap, it can be fixed... what should i do?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Go for it, others say it sounds pretty good. Like you said, if you don't like it- THEN buy an aftermarket muffler. But on the other hand, I love my Flow 40 and I had it put on and the resonator removed for $120, so I'd prolly just reccommend doing this the first time.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Why not take the resonator off first and see how that sounds

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the difference? anyone tried em? my teacher has the resenator removed and he says its alright but too much interior resonence... I want it pretty loud will some balls to it... i think the muffler would be the way to go... or both and let the cats do the work but that would probably be too loud...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
TAKE OFF THE MUFFLER!

IT COMES OFF WITH TWO BAND CLAMPS THAT YOU CAN REUSE TO INSTALL YOUR STRAIGHT PIPE!!

IT IS CHEAP!
IT IS EASY!
IT SOUNDS GOOD!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoohoo!!! im waking up at 8 and showing up at their door before they open so i can get some pipes welded on!!! (i dont feel like cutting a pipe to size then clamping it when they will do it for $20 in 15mins!!! whoohoo!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
When I dumped the stock exhaust the second day I had the truck, before they bolted on the new system, buddy started the truck and gave it a few shots - with nothing back of the cat it was still not too loud. I amost went with pipe only. I couldn't say what it would have sounded like in the cab.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JUST DID IT!!!! whoohoo!!!!! damn its nice! thats outstanding!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill get sme audio up a little later when i get someone to hold the camera... the intake sounds nice too, ill get some audio of that... lol maybe my subs also...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.