DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the more popular mufflers people are putting on the 600 or 610's?

I know the different brands for gas motors and the sounds they make, so what about with the diesels? Are there certain brands that sound vastly different and in what way?

Is one deeper than the other or maybe more raspy? A friend of mine has a Donaldson muffler and I dont know if I am that thrilled with the sound, so I just wanted to know what options were out there.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
From what I recall... Donaldson was a big one a lot of people went with, and for that reason... it's the only one that pops into my head.

I however... just ditched the muffler all together and ran a straight pipe behind the CAT. :)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Hey Bubba, do you have a sound clip of that? I wouldn't mind a louder sound outside, but I definitely want it to stay "sane" inside the truck. How did it sound from inside the cab?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I do... should be a couple in my gallery. But be forwarned... my digital doesn't like to pick up the deep sounds, it has a tendancy to make them sound a lil more high pitched and pick up the highs.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I don't think it'll hurt... but I highly doubt it'll help till you're pushing over 500HP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, a 5" exhaust will not hurt performance at all on a diesel. It will help turbo spool up, and sound really cool. I dont really think you'll see much performance gain, but a free flowing exhaust is needed when doing other power upgrades. (to help control egt's.)

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I got my Magnaflow muffler from bigexhaust.com. Sounds very nice and I get compliments all the time....

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
What pipe? I ran a Banks 4" downpipe off the turbo, 4' or 5' of straight pipe, Magnaflow muffler, stock tailpipe, 5" stainless tip. Pretty simple setup and cost a bunch less than a similar premade setup. Most systems for my truck do not include the 4" downpipe. Your truck comes 4" all the way back so you would be wise to just get a muffler and a nice tip and you will be just as well off as you would with an aftermarket system. 5" looks cool though.......

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
yea, but my muffler is offset, so a straight thru muffler I have to have pipe bent... and no one can do 4".... so i think i will invest in the 5" turbo back... the CAT isnt important to the newer 610s is it?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
My muffler was offset too and my Magnaflow is straight through. It went together just fine. All it does is change the angle of the tailpipe exit.

That Cat will be important if you ever get checked by the police... It's big trouble to remove a cat......

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The place I went to, had a 4" section of pipe that was pre-bent.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'd go magnaflow, anything you put them on sound great. their site has clips

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are there certain mail order places most order diesel parts from?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
piersdiesel.com
genosgarage.com
dieseldynamics.com
scheiddiesel.com
The list goes on and on...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ditto, I have the magnaflo 5" w/o cat but w/ muffler and it makes the sweetest whisle you have ever heard. I also get compliments all the time. Plus with the edge and the juice module it kills bo ties and blue ovals all day long no matter what there mods are. :thatfunny :rck:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got that MBRP direct replacement muffler. It's a straight through muffler but has a S bend pipe that you place in front of it and it makes up the difference of the factory offset. I am very pleased with the sound and fit.

CM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.