Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
I'm thinking about getting some mud flaps for my rig and I was wondering if you guys could post some pictures of yours for me. I would also like to know what it takes to install them. I dont like people installing the small things.
Thanks in advance
-Nos.

·
Registered
183 Posts
heres a pic of the mud flaps on my truck, i suspect they were put on by the dealership, i bought the truck used so i dont know whats involved with the install after seeing the pic in the post i realize it doesnt do the mudflaps justice, ill try to post a better pic today and get pics of how they are installed

Attachments

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I have the same mudflaps on my truck (mopar ones). I put them on myself and it took a whole 30 minutes. But be warned, the Mopar mudflaps WILL SCRATCH THE PAINT!!! I've had mine on for 2 years, and when I pull them away from the truck, I can see where they have rubbed the paint.

If you can, skip the mudflaps and just put fender flares on.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
If you can, skip the mudflaps and just put fender flares on.
Fender flares will do more damage than mud flaps.

Greg

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay so any idea what kind of mudflaps wont rub the paint? I have a feeling that its like asking what drop-in bed liner wont rub the paint. I just want some decent mud flaps. Just like the ones Mr. Mischief has on his truck, now those are clean.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
OO OOOO I got an idea, place some of that clear 3m tape down before installing mudflaps :)

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
nos4fuel said:
okay so any idea what kind of mudflaps wont rub the paint? I have a feeling that its like asking what drop-in bed liner wont rub the paint. I just want some decent mud flaps. Just like the ones Mr. Mischief has on his truck, now those are clean.

yea don't get the mopar molded ones

husky makes a nice pair of molded ones and they give u a little piece of 3m clear bra to place on the area where the mudflap meets the paint....those or get some flat ones that don't contour the rocker panel

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good but could someone please tell me how much a set of mudflaps costs?

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
john.colorado said:
a set of front and rear husky molded ones will run you about $50 depending on the retailer
awesome, where would I get those from for that price?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have the mopar ones and if you put all the self tapping screw in like you're supposed to they don't flap around at all. They are kind of a pain to put on because you have to take the wheel well liner part way out and it's a pain to line the holes back up. But other than that it's not bad and they look awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Husky mudflaps are almost the same thing as the Mpoar ones?

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes and I just realized, those guards are fixed and dont give, so they are mud guards. i would like mud flaps that are rubber and move around. Someone on here has a set of Lithia ones and I was wondering if I could find a set of 4 of them.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dragmmth said:
Here a is my mud flaps

those things are SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! how do I get my hands on some of them? How much did they cost?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I got my mud falps from my dealership. So i am pretty sure they are mopar mud flaps. The cost for them was not muc. It was about 45 for each pair.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
gsbrockman said:
Fender flares will do more damage than mud flaps.

Greg
Not quality ones I have had on past trucks. Plus, when he pulls the mudflaps off he either needs a body shop to fix the messed up paint - or he has to put fender flares on. Pick your poison. Plus, if he ever lifts his truck and puts big tires on, chances are the molded mudflaps need to go.

I've seen a lot of DT members with painted fender flares and I think that is the best option. But they cost a lot upfront, which is the major drawback.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i drive a 2wd so I dont plan on lifting it, if anything I would level it out with shackles. The mud guards are to save the paint from scratches, i dont want the fixed ones.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I have the stock Mopar non molded style on mine. I had to drill some holes but they work fine. I have pics in my gallery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.