DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so mine is not coverd in mud.(see sig 2wd) but i have a complaint about some pics o have been seing lately. everyone is saying my truck covered in mud. but all i am seeing is a little on the sides i wanna see some pics where the truck is accually "COVERED" in mud. you guys know the type i am talking about. the ones where you have to turn on the wipers so that you can see. i have seen several 2gen trucks arround town here like that and i know that there is someone out there w/ a 3gen like this. so let everyone see. ok sorry about this it is just bugging me a little.

·
Registered
336 Posts
ok so it's not a 3gen and it's not even my truck or anyone i know. Just did a quick google image search:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
03, soon as I get my 4.56's in and broke in (which should happen by this weekend) and it rains a few times here, I'll go do it for ya

hasn't been enough rain here to have enough mud =\

·
AJ Gtz
302 Posts
03ramit1 said:
ok so mine is not coverd in mud.(see sig 2wd) but i have a complaint about some pics o have been seing lately. everyone is saying my truck covered in mud. but all i am seeing is a little on the sides i wanna see some pics where the truck is accually "COVERED" in mud. you guys know the type i am talking about. the ones where you have to turn on the wipers so that you can see. i have seen several 2gen trucks arround town here like that and i know that there is someone out there w/ a 3gen like this. so let everyone see. ok sorry about this it is just bugging me a little.
I've done that a several of times...wasn't that hardcore though...hope u likes....

pics @Cardomain.com

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NTX that is what i am talking about. i like to see that people are using their trucks as they were ment to be used. lol but i still would like to see a 3gen. no offense to you NTX. i just wanna see a 3 gen like this. ok guys before it starts if i could i would have pics of mine like that too. but hey its 2wd and i do run it as hard as i can(within reason for a 2wd).

chauncy i would love to see the pic when you get them it would be cool

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
It's not covered... but it was buried fairly good. Of course it was after this was shot that we played around in the field and it got covered pretty good, had to remove the huge globs from the windshield since I couldn't wipe them off cause it was so dry. It seems the times I got any of my trucks as you want to see them, I never have camera. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
I know its not a 3g, but I know what you mean.... Where is the hard core mudders? This is the CLEANEST my old truck ever was when I was playin around. Usually couldn't tell it was white/silver. Also a pic of me cleanin the sand off it.. :D

Attachments

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no see i am getting happy now thats better. i like to see a good truck covered on some mud. nice pics guys

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Do I win a prize for being the only 3G to comply? :)

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bubba you win ............................................the long weekend on cleaning all the mud off......yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Being coverd in mud is not what "off-roading" is all about. A good mud puddle can cover a truck in mud, while a very technical trail will only get the sides dirty.. I have goten stuck in a hell of a hole in my jimmy, but the sides where only dirty - I would have licked the windshield clean....... It is about where you take her........and having fun while doing it!!!!!!!!!

BTW......... Good pics!!!!!!! :rck:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The bad things about trails is having to follow the footprints ahead of you... could have been 33s or it could have been a set of 44s. That's why my favorite spots are the wide open ones with a lil trails... some puddles... and a lot of mud. I remember when I first took my Dad's '75 K5 Blazer out and brought it home and you couldn't tell what color it was... even on the white top and he could not believe how much mud I got all over it and was confused how I was able to just cover the top. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hey, NTXcrazyone How much cow#[email protected]* was in that pond. I'll bet that stunk for a while

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
one time i got my truck stuck in mud that was 3" below my door. all was well until the next morning when i was backing out of my driveway and my front two tires were locked up because the mud froze. they eventually broke free but it had me scared for a bit. i have a picture on my phone but you cant really see much. stupid camera phone sucks

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I was out in my Dakota once (6.5" susp and 3" body on 35s) and was wheeling in a lot that was being worked on and dropped off a concrete barrier that was sunked into a hole I was going through. Anyhow, the truck died and of course... the battery was low, so it was dead in the water. I open up the door to get out and the water was only an inch from coming in. :eek: So I roll up the jeans, hop out and walk around and the right rear tire barely was covered over the middle of the wheel. lol Took a bit of a nose dive...

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
KIP311 said:
Being coverd in mud is not what "off-roading" is all about. A good mud puddle can cover a truck in mud, while a very technical trail will only get the sides dirty.. I have goten stuck in a hell of a hole in my jimmy, but the sides where only dirty - I would have licked the windshield clean....... It is about where you take her........and having fun while doing it!!!!!!!!!
Yep, I agree 100% Kip... having your truck covered with mud was cool when I was in high school. Too bad at the time I had a lowered Dakota with big ol' fat Goodyears on it! :rck: (I was never really in step with my peers... lol)

But one of my later rides was a '99 Ram 2500 4x4, with a 5.9, 4.10 rear, and 35's. It was an AWESOME truck to drive off-road, on dry or muddy terrain. I never got it stuck, and believe me I did try.:D Even when I had that truck in almost two feet of mud, it was never "covered" like some of the pics you see. Getting under that truck and cleaning mud out of it for hours is the reason I got mudding out of my system at an early age. I traded the '99 back in after nine months and got what I have now, and it's never seen mud (though I do drive it off road frequently). :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.