DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on here that everyone has the MSD plug wires with autolites.
I've been searching the net and cant seem to find them anywhere for my 98 D. Anyone know where i could get them at? Would be a great help!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Plugs - Any Autozone, NAPA, etc.

Wires - summitracing.com (You're better off calling to confirm the right part numbers).

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
32189 is the p/n for the wires.

I'd recommend the NGK plugs over the Autolites though.

·
Work in progress...
1,202 Posts
I've read so much that autolite plugs are the way to go...I have them, don't know if they did anything or not. Why do you recommend the NGK's Kevin?

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Not to speak for Kevin, but the NGKs don't seem to foul as quickly as the Autolights. The reason that the Autolights are so popular is the documented claim that real HP increases can be had. I've ran both & couldn't tell the difference...

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Experience with both plugs, NGKs last much longer and provided me with a better idle/driveability. Running an MSD ignition, I need them to last a lot longer. Plus, quality wise, I think the NGKs are much higher quality than the 3923s.

·
Work in progress...
1,202 Posts
Ah, I see. Thanks. Next time I change the plugs I'll probably give the NGK's a try.

G

·
Got the NGKs with differnet wires. 12k miles so far and no issues :) .

I seem to remember somewhere reading that the Autolites may effect fuel consumption adversely. No idea if there is any truth to this, but if it does, you will more likely feel this before you feel the performance improvement (if any).

·
Work in progress...
1,202 Posts
Ya I haven't seen fuel mileage above 12 for a long long time anyways so I doubt plugs would change much.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use Champion Truck plugs with MSD supr conductor 8.5 wires. NOt a big difference but gives me peace of mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.